What would you recommend to fix my smile, veneers? (photos)

After I had my braces taken off I was never satisfied with my smile. My teeth slant to the right and my midline is not correct. This happened when I was wearing bands to fix my midline. Instead of my teeth shifting to the right they became slanted. Anyways I am asking what is the best treatment to fix my slanted teeth and midline. I have been looking around and veneers seem like my best option. Would veneers be able to fix the problem?

Invisalign and Veneers

My advice is that since the positioning of your teeth is your chief complaint, fix the positioning of your teeth! Sounds simple but often the right answer is straight forward.

In my office I would start this case with Invisalign and I would accelerate the case with Propel, 1) to give you great results fast, 8-12 weeks, and also because acceleration makes difficult movements more predictable.

Once you have everything aligned properly you can take a step back and evaluate the esthetics improvement and then decide if more elective treatment is desired.

I have had numerous cases of patients seeking veneers coming into my office for a consult. I found healthy beautiful teeth in the wrong position with no symmetry. These patients are thrilled to find that after accelerated Invisalign with me, they love their smile and did not need veneers. Add a bit of bleaching for that final pop.

Newton Dentist

Veneers for shifted midline? #DrSoftTouch

Thanks for posting your pictures. I would give you two options for a more symmetrical smile. The first option would include orthodontics to move your teeth into proper position. If you are opposed to this due to your experience with ortho in the past, I would recommend 8-10 porcelain veneers to give you a broader, more symmetrical smile. I'll attach a link with before and after photos of a patient of mine who's case was very similar to yours. I hope this helps! Click "save" under my name, if you'd like to ask me more questions in the future.

Porcelain veneers vs ortho

Because you are son young, I would prefer you to correct the alignment and position of your teeth with invisalign or even lingual braces(no show braces).  However, if you oppose of wearing invisalign or lingual braces, then veneers would be an option.  

Veneers?

In my opinion, you are not a good candidate for veneers. You will not be able to correct your midline with veneers and you will not be able to correct your vastly underdeveloped upper dental arch with veneers. An underdeveloped upper dental arch causes a myriad of potential problems including a narrow smile, poor upper lip support, a compromised airway and TMJ Dysfunction. 

I would recommend that you develop your upper dental arch and then used Fastbraces to correct your midline deviation. This could all be accomplished in 12-18 months.

Good luck!

Veneers?

Thanks for posting all the pictures. You have beautiful teeth but they are not in an aesthetic position. My first choice would be for you to go back into braces with a different orthodontist. Your final results are definitely not the best they could be. If you are opposed to wearing braces again veneers are a viable option. With veneers you can create a more symmetrical and balanced smile. Remember, veneers do require maintenance. You will find the need to replace them at some point in the future.