What should I do in order to fix the crooked nose and face? (photos)

my whole face looks out of shape. maybe because of the crooked nose, but should i get a rhinoplasty first and then consider other treatment? Facial shapes changes normally between 20 and 28 and i don't wanna leave it the way it is.

Rhinoplasty

002444, Thank your for your question and pictures, A rhinoplasty procedure will optimize the aesthetics of your nose since it seems to be deviated. Please consult with a plastic surgeon.

Fixing Crooked Nose and Face

If you're going to make any changes I think the first step should be to straighten your crooked nose to improve both appearance and function. You do have other facial asymmetries but these are normal  may not be of any concern to you after fixing the central focal point of your face, your nose.

Deviated nose

You may have some deviation of your nose to the left and this is something that can typically be improved but may not be made "perfect." In rhinoplasty, things can be made better and sometimes using spreader grafts on one side and not the other along with osteotomies can help correct a deviated nose. However, this is a challenging thing to fix and it is important to find a board certified plastic surgeon who listens, understands your goals and has the skill set to help you achieve it. Best of luck, MMT

What should I do in order to fix the crooked nose and face? You need Rhinoplasty and Septoplasty

Hello 002444,
Thanks for your question.
Actually male facial shape finishes major growth by the age of 17-18 yo.  All shape changes after this are due to trauma or normal bone loss with age.
You have normal facial asymmetry but your nose is quite disharmonious relative to the rest of your face.
A rhinoplasty and septoplasty procedure will help straighten your nose, improve your nasal airway competency, and optimize the aesthetics of your nose, while keeping a masculine appearance.
I would recommend a consultation with an Ethnic Rhinoplasty specialist in your area for further evaluation.
I think a rhinoplasty and septoplasty will go a long way towards erasing the sense you have that your "whole face looks out of shape."
If you have further questions, you are welcome to visit with us in my practice in Denver.
Good luck,
Dr. Shah

Manish H. Shah, MD, FACS
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Fixing a crooked nose in your 20s

A rhinoplasty to fix a crooked nose in your 20s should not be a problem. The septum will need to be straightened and braced and the nasal bones will need to be broken and shifted in place. See a plastic surgeon for an in person evaluation.

Septorhinoplasty to fix crooked Nose

Dear 002444, I would suggest seeking consultations with some expert rhinoplasty surgeons to have your nose straightened. You most likely need a combined procedure of septorhinoplasty to fix both the functional and aesthetic issues with your nose. You have some flatness in the cheek area and may be a candidate for fillers however I think the nose is a good place to start and then after this is performed you can reevaluate your facial aesthetics. During your consultation you can have imaging performed which will show you the proposed results, review the surgeons before and after photographs and make sure that he/she performs natural looking rhinoplasty procedures. I have included a link below to give you an idea of expected results as well as a video above. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD

Rhinoplasty for a crooked nose

A rhinoplasty procedure  can accomplish straightening the crooked nose. To straighten the nasal bones required osteotomies placed in them. A cartilaginous spreader graft is usually placed underneath the concave upper lateral cartilage to make the midportion of the nose straight. A tip plasty may be required to straighten the nasal tip. It is also important to evaluate the  nasal septum, since it most likely deviated as well. Rhinoplasty for a crooked nose is a very difficult endeavor,  so choose your surgeon very wisely based on extensive experience with this issue. For more information and many examples, please see the link and the video below

Asymmetry

No one has perfect facial symmetry.  In fact, it looks weird when you flip the mirror image over the contralateral side.  That said, there is significant displacement of your nose that would be improved upon with a rhinoplasty.  Computer imaging helps to estimate the possible outcome.  Other facial asymmetries could be blunted with injectables fillers.

What should I do in order to fix the crooked nose and face?

Based on the photos you provided, you may be a candidate for nose surgery. It is a good idea to start with your nose if you are unhappy with your overall facial balance. When performed correctly, a nose job improves your facial balance. Consider rhinoplasty for starters, do your research well, and see how you feel after before you consider anything else.

Ramtin Kassir, MD

I share your vision for improvement of your nose. In order to evaluate it thoroughly - an in person physical exam would be needed. I would address the nose first and then re-evaluate your other concerns. You may be surprised at how the non-nose areas become a non issue.