Do you recommend the product "Embrace an active scar defense" after a tummy tuck?

Embrace is clinically proven to reduce scar formation

Embrace is my scar treatment of choice, especially for patients who are worried about scarring after having a Tummy Tuck or body contouring procedure. Multiple clinical trials have proven Embrace to be effective in significantly reducing the appearance of scars by relieving the tension during the healing process. Tension is a major factor in scar formation, and Embrace actively works to relieve this tension and manage the formation of scar tissue. Each application lasts 10 days and is applied during a brief office visit to ensure the silicone dressing is in the proper position to provide constant medical-grade compression. Patients have offered positive feedback from the treatment as it is easy to wear and water-resistant, and results in scars with a smoother and softer appearance.
Hope this helps,
Nick Slenkovich, MD, FACS

I recommend Embrace

Hello and thanks for your question. I recommend Embrace after tummy tuck because it is the only product that reduces mechanical tension at the incision. This changes DNA expression which leads to better scarring. I have been very impressed using the product in my clinic over the past 2 years.

Aldo Guerra, MD

Embrace and improving scars

There concept of Embrace is to offload skin tension--a noble concept. Depending upon each patient's circumstances and the methods of closure this off loading can be achieved often under the skin with silicone taping for the surface to hydrate and decrease hypertrophy/redness of the scar. I do not use it routinely

Do you recommend the product "Embrace an active car defense" after a tummy tuck?

Yes, it's a very good product with good evidence behind its effectiveness. We recommend it to all our abdominoplasty patients.

Kenneth Bermudez, MD

Embrace Advanced Scar Therapy

We use Embrace on all tummy tucks and brachioplasties. It is the only thing available that has level 1 data to support a reduction in the appearance of scars. The cost is an issue, but people spend billions of dollars each year on scar therapies that have no science to prove they work, so a few hundred dollars for Embrace is a good value.

Tamir Mosharrafa, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Highly Recommend

Yes, We highly recommend Embrace for scar treatment.  Our patients use Embrace in our office and have wonderful results.

Mark W. Greene, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Do you recommend the product "Embrace active scar defense" after a tummy tuck?

We do recommend Embrace following tummy tuck surgery and most patients tolerate it well and we have seen very good resulting scars following its use.  a small percentage of patients do have skin irritation with its use and may not tolerate it well.  Best wishes, Dr. Lepore.    

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon

Embrace scar system after tummy tuck

Thank you for asking about your tummy tuck recovery.

• Embrace supports the healing tummy tuck scar.
  • I do not use it routinely - because it is expensive and usually unnecessary.
  • I do recommend it for revision tummy tucks and revision of poor scars.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Hope you find this information helpful. Best wishes.

Scar Management.

Embrace is a nice product to decrease tension and secure the wound while healing. It's more expensive but only applied once per week. It may be associated with some irritation so it's not for everybody. It doesn't hurt to try it. 

Justin Yovino, MD, FACS

Embrace Scar Therapy

Embrace Scar Therapy is used to lessen the tension on the scar which aids in healing optimally.  Our patients have been impressed with the results.  

Camille Cash, MD