Do I need a lift? (Photo)

I really want to avoid a lift because I don't want too many scars, is that possible? Can I just get implants?

Do I need a lift?

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well..
The breasts may lose their elasticity and firmness which can be caused by different factors such as pregnancy, massive weight loss, lactation and aging. To reaffirm the breasts and restore the natural look your surgeon can perform a mastopexy or breast lift. A breast lift restores a firmer, perkier, and more aesthetically pleasing shape to sagging breasts. This not only can improve a patient’s appearance by restoring her youthful, feminine proportions, but also help bras and swimsuits fit more comfortably and attractively. By removing excess, stretched out skin, reshaping the breast tissue, and raising the nipple & areola into a more forward position, a cosmetic surgeon can create a more youthful breast contour. Stretched, large areolae can also be reduced during breast lift surgery, creating an overall better proportioned, natural looking breast…

Choosing the right breast operation

Yes you would need a lift for optimal results. Depending on how happy you are with your breast volume, an implant may also be necessary. Good luck!

Do I need a lift

Thank you for submitting your question. Limited views of your photos and without a physical examination, it appears that you would benefit from a breast lift. Consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon to fully discuss tyour options. best wishes

Lift?

Thank you for your question and photos.  Based on what I can see, it appears that you will need a lift along with implants to increase the volume of your breasts.  To determine what would be best for you (type of lift, size of implants), please be seen in person for an physical evaluation by a board certified plastic surgeon.

Miami, FL

Do I need a breast lift?

Thank you for your question.  Based on your photographs you do have mammary ptosis  or sagging.  Breast implants alone may increase the amount of sagging and there is risk of the snoopy deformity.

You most likely will get a better result if you have a breast lift and submuscular breast implants.  For more information on combination breast lift with implants please read the following link:

Breast lift with implants

While it's possible to have only implants, I don't think most women would be happy without a lift, which can be done at the same time.

Kevin Dieffenbach, MD
Oahu Island Plastic Surgeon

Do I need a lift? (Photo)

I have reviewed your photos.  Your left breast is significantly larger and hangs lower than your right breast.  I would recommend a lift/reduction on the left breast and an augmentation on the right breast.

Fred Suess, MD

Breast Lift

Thanks for your question and pictures. I would say that you can get implants but the results will not be satisfactory. Eventually you will need to be operated on again because your breast will be saggy with
time. Best wishes.

Roberto Guerrero, MD

Do I need a lift?

Of course you can have implants only and avoid breast lift scars, but your post-op results will almost certainly not be good, and you will then need re-operation to do what you should have done in the first place.

Your nipples are situated below the level of your inframammary creases, meaning a lift is necessary. Scarring is of course always a concern, but so is the proper shape of your breast result.

See one or more ABPS-certified plastic surgeons and see what advice you receive after in-person examination. For an example of one of my patients who went the route you seem to be contemplating, click on the web reference link below. Best wishes! Dr. Tholen

Richard H. Tholen, MD, FACS
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Do I need a lift

Implants alone would only add fullness to the upper part of your breasts, but do nothing to address the sagging, lower part of your breasts.  Yes, you would have less scarring, but overall your breasts will likely not look very good.