Itchy, red burned looking, skin blisters on the nipples with slight yellowish drainage on breast pads. Breast area is red.

Was I allergic to prop cleanse ? I had implant removal, no lift. Still taking my keflex. What could this be?

Itchy, red burned looking skin blisters

Sorry to hear about your recovery. It is best to follow up with your plastic surgeon for an in depth evaluation, but it could be something as simple as skin irritation. Best to see your PS for an examination.

Benjamin J Cousins MD

Miami Beach Plastic Surgeon

Skin irritation

It very well could be that you are allergic to the skin prep solution, but it is best to be sure.  I suggest calling your surgeon for an evaluation just to rule out anything more significant.

Camille Cash, MD

#Explant #BreastImplantRemoval - itchy red area, ?allergy

It may well be as simple as that - your skin being sensitive to the cleanser, or the adhesive, or something else that was used.  However, you can't assume that that's all it is.  Contact your PS and explain the situation.  He or she may want to see you in person or, at least, have a photo emailed.  That can be helpful but does not necessarily replace an in-person assessment, which should be done with a board-certified plastic surgeon, and preferably the one who operated on you.  I hope that this helps and good luck.  Dr. Alan Engler, Member of #RealSelf500

Blistered skin with drainage after implants removed

Thank you for asking about your breast implant removal.

Although mild skin irritation is common after surgery, it should not make your breast red nor be as severe as it sounds. You need to call your surgeon and arrange to be seen.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes. Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD

Allergic reaction to surgical cleanse

This is common. Surgical sterilization is a necessary evil to keep your from having infection post op, but it is well known that the cleansers can be irritating if left on and not washed off post op. Depending on how long it has been since your surgery and if it is ok with your doctor to take a shower, washing off any residual cleanser left on the skin will help. It may take a few days to a couple weeks for everything to clear up even when the offending agent has been cleaned up. Allergy medications (like Benadryl or Claritin) can help as well. 

Lily Lee, MD
Pasadena Plastic Surgeon