What would be the best implant and why? How do I achieve a full round appearance and even nipples? (photos)

After breastfeeding I've been left with saggy socks on my chest that are completely uneven and my right nipple faces down. I'm interested in a lift and implant - what size, shape, type is recommended and why? How do I get a full round perky breast. I've included my pic along with my wish pic. How can I get close to my wish pic? I have a wide chest also so I'd like to know the best implant to use for a wide chest circumference. TIA

Breast Implant together with Mastopexia and liposuction

Thanks for your photos. In my opinion you will benefit from a mastopexia surgery with gel filled and round high profile implants. The implant size depends on your expectations but  400-450 cc would give a good and natural result. Please consult with a board certified plastic surgeon. 

Good luck....

Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Lift + Augmentation

Thank you for your question. It is important to ensure that you have realistic expectations considering where you are starting from and the anatomy of the people in your wish photos. Because you have areola asymmetry and will likely have different measurements than they had pre op, you cannot expect the same results, however those photos are a good indicator for your surgeon of the general size that you want. A breast lift, correction of asymmetry and implants would likely give you the improvement that you want. Your implant size options will depend on your specific measurements and you need to be seen in person for this. Be sure to seek a board certified Plastic Surgeon.
All the best

Selecting the right implant.

"What implant is best for me?"  is a great question.  It is also one of the most frequently asked questions and probably the most important question to answer in order to achieve the best outcome for each individual patient.  Each surgeon will have his or her own personal criteria for implant selection. In my opinion  it is very important to begin the selection process by carefully listening to the patient's goals and concerns relating to breast enlargement. I find that the great majority of patients want to be made as full as posssible without looking artificial. This means an outcome with some, but not excessive, fullness in the upper part of the breast.  Many patients will state the cup size they would like to achieve.  Although cup size varies from one vendor to the next it helps to begin to understand the general size the patient wants to be and to determine initially, if the goals are realistic.  Many patients bring pictures of breast implant outcomes they would like to achieve.  Although the final outcome for each patient will be dependent on their preoperative shape and size  photographs are helpful to have a general idea as to the outcome desired by the patient.  External sizing implants are also helpful in determining a final breast volume. These are specially made, form fitting implants that are placed into a snug fitting sports bra.  A suitable top is then put on.  The patient can look in a mirror and provide their opinion of how they look.  Many surgeons utilize 3-D imaging.  This is new technology that creates a reasonable 3-dimensional picture of how a patient will look after breast augmentation.  After a general idea is acheived chest wall measurements are taken to help refine the selection. Smooth walled silicone filled implant are nomally a good choice for breast augmentation.They have a better look and feel and are less likely to show wrinkling. These implant differences are more apparent in patients with less breast tissue to cover the implant.  This series of steps usually leads to the preoperative selection of the best implant.  One final step can be taken to confirm the selection. After the pocket is created in the operating room an intraoperatve sizing implant can be temporarily placed in the pocket. The back of the operating table can then be elevated so that the surgeon can view the patient both laying down and in the sitting position.Occasionally this final refining step will result in a slight change in the preoperative selection and help ensure the best outcome for the patient.  Good luck

John J. Edney, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon

Full round breasts with even nipples

You need a lift and augmentation to get the kind of results you wish pics show. As thin as you are, silicon implants will give the best results. 

Daryl K. Hoffman, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon

Breast implants

Srx silicone or high profile saline implants well overfilled can give you a rounded upper pole breasts. This may also increase your cleavage 

Stuart A. Linder, MD, FACS

Lots of questions-Perfect for a consultation!

Hello Momneedsamakeover, You are right to be considering a lift along with an implant to achieve your goals. This is the only way to achieve a perky breast. What size and type of implant is completely up to you. Your plastic surgeon should assist you in the process of determining what size implant will best match your desired outcome. You will likely try on sample implants and provide them with photos like you've shown above of what your desired outcome looks like. I am a fan of The Rice Test. It allows my patients to experience first hand by measuring for themselves the amount of volume they are comfortable with adding to their breasts. Your surgeon will also provide you with all the pro's and con's of silicone and saline implants. Both types have reasons to chose or not to chose for you, and that choice is completely up to you! The shape and projection of implant is something that is generally best left up to your doc to decide, the many variances and nuances in sizing with implants is not anything a patient should have to figure out. There is no "best implant" to use for a wide chest, per se, but your surgeon will do precise measurements to make sure the foot print (circumference) of the implant is the right one for your breast width and matches your body stature and shape. This is why we are good at what we do! But someone needs to evaluate you in person to determine what options you will have to achieve the "round, perky breasts" you want. It's a collaborative process that has to be completed in person with a surgeon you trust. Good luck!

William Aiello, MD

Breast lift and implants, some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire.
After having analyzed all the information and photos provided to us, I realize that you have very sagging and small breasts. In this regard, you need volume (implants) and projection (the lift): Breast Augmentation w/Breast Lift.
I recommend you to use microtexturized highly cohesive silicon implant ("gummy bear" implants), with high projection, and 450ml will be excelent on you, to fill the breasts properly.
Finally, to perform the breast lift I recommend a Periareolar Round Block Breast Lift ("Benelli mastopexy"), which has an unnoticed scar around the areola, and if we see (in the surgery) that we can't obtain adecuate projection just with the Benelli Lift, we have to perform a "Lollipop breast lift".
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Based upon your photos, would recommend scheduling a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss both a breast augmentation and a breast lift.  During that consult, measurements would be taken to determine the appropriate size; moreover, you could try on various implants to select the one best proportioned for the rest of your physique.  Kenneth B. Hughes, MDBoard Certified Plastic SurgeonLos Angeles, CA

Breast Augmentation - Size Selection

Thank you for your question. You appear to be an excellent candidate for breast augmentation surgery with a lift.  "Tissue based planning" relies on your chest and breast measurements and is the safest way to ensure good long term results. Your surgeon should determine what size and projection are necessary to give you your desired result based on your body's measurements. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic breast surgery. Hope this helps and good luck with your surgery.

Breast Augmentation/Breast Implants/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision

I appreciate your question. From your photos, you appear to be an excellent candidate for a Breast Lift with Augmentation.  A breast lift would reposition your nipples and reshape your breasts, giving them a more youthful appearance. The size of implant best for you is dictated by your chest wall measurements.  Once we determine that we can choose the profile based on what you want or need to achieve.  If you are seeking a natural look, then the diameter of the implant should be equal to or, more ideally, smaller than the width of your breast. The breast width is a measurement of how wide your breast is at the base, which should be measured at the level of the nipple. Choosing an implant that is smaller in diameter than your breast width will avoid the "side breast" fullness that is often associated with a more artificial appearance.  Other than that, you should choose the implant based on volume, not on the dimensions of the implant. You should choose a board certified plastic surgeon that you trust to help guide you in this decision.   Silicone will give you a fullness at the top (upper pole fullness). Silicone implants come pre-filled with a silicone gel and are the softest implant available. They feel more natural, which makes them a good option for women with less natural breast tissue; but they require a larger incision. It may be more difficult to realize if this type of implant has ruptured, so it is important to monitor them with annual follow-up visits. Additionally, because this implant contains a more liquid silicone (less cross-linked), if this implant should rupture, it will leak only into the scar capsule formed around the implant but may cause some discomfort or implant distortion. Anatomic gummy bear implants might be a good choice to give you volume. These highly-sought-after, anatomic implants offer a look that more closely resembles the natural silhouette of a breast, and, therefore, are a very attractive option for individuals seeking a natural-looking, aesthetic primary breast augmentation. Additionally, these implants are an especially excellent option for patients undergoing restorative or corrective breast surgery because they provide more stability, shape, and reduced incidence of capsular contracture. Compared to other types of silicone gel implants, the silicone in the cohesive gel implant is more cross-linked; therefore, should the implant shell “rupture,” it maintains its shape and silicone does not leak. During your breast augmentation consultation, you should feel the different types of implants available, and try on various implant sizers in front of a mirror to help you to get an idea of how you will look following the surgery. You should also bring pictures of the look you would like to achieve, as well as a favorite top to wear when trying on implant sizers. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon #RealSelfCORESurgeon