I had 2 vials of Sculptra about 3 months ago. Any suggestions?

I'm just starting to see the results and my face does look fuller. It appears to look a bit fuller on the bottom half than on the cheekbones which appears slightly uneven. I'm interested in rounding it out with just a bit of Voluma on the cheekbones instead of getting more sculptra. Is this recommended?

Combining Filler with Sculptra

We know that fillers and sculptra work in somewhat different ways.

Voluma will give you immediate results which can be long lasting if injected deep.

Sculptra can give the benefits of improving skin quality as well as volumizing; these results are long lasting but require more than one treatment session.

Please consult in person with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon prior to making treatment decisions.

Combining voluma and sculptra

Voluma and sculptra can be combined for an instant gratification as well as longer lasting results.  The voluma is better at spot treatment of areas such as the cheeks.  The sculptra is better at overall skin fullness and thickness.  There is no one-size fits all for fillers or any cosmetic treatment.  The answer is often in combinations of fillers, neuromodulators, and other treatments.   Best of luck.

Kyle Coleman, MD
New Orleans Dermatologic Surgeon

Combining Sculptra and Voluma is fine

This is quite alright and recommended if you want instant results. Sculptra is great to use in the cheeks as well. You can put some of both there so you have an instant and long term effect.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Getting a Touch Up to fine tune Filler Results

You ask a good question. I think the best answer is to really have talk with your dermatologist. I am usually curious when patients want to make suggestions as to what filler is best to use . Cosmetic injectors generally have a large toolbox and there is definitly some overlap in what products can do. I like Sculptra a lot and think of it as being very cost effective for patients with a lot of volume loss. Since we reconstitute it, you have to get an entire vial and maybe you wouldn't need that much so early after treatment? I find that patients who massage the face consistently as we explain before we do it, will get the most "bang for their cosmetic buck". Don't stop massaging...you may see more volume increase over time. Sculptra is like planting seeds, so you have to do this to see good results. My patients, minimally, massage 3 times a day for 5 minute, for seven days AT LEAST. If you only need a little more volume, you could get also Radiesse ( which has a smaller volume syringe that we can use)Be Well,Beverly A Johnson, MD

Beverly Johnson, MD
Silver Spring Dermatologic Surgeon