Is it too early to tell if I'm bottoming out? (Photo)

I'm 4 days post op, my breast don't feel like there sitting very high and they feel heavy around the bottom. I also have a lot of side boob. Is it possible to be bottoming out after 4 days post op? Or is this heavy feeling normal.

Yes, it’s too early to see your final results.

At 4 days after breast augmentation, your body is still healing from the surgery and adjusting to your breast implants. You won’t know for sure if your implants will bottom out until they drop into the pocket prepared by your plastic surgeon. It can take up to 6 months for your skin and tissue to accommodate the implants and allow them to settle into the pocket, so 4 days post-op is much too early. You may be experiencing a heavy feeling because of the added weight from the implants. As you heal and become accustomed to your new breasts, the heavy feeling should lessen.

Wait for some time

The final appearance, shape, and movement are not exactly the same as normal breasts. The surgically enlarged breasts do not move in the same way as normal breasts. They tend to be firmer. The contours are usually somewhat different than normal breasts. In some patients these discrepancies may be rather noticeable. Although every effort is made to place the implants symmetrically, complete symmetry is rarely achieved. Immediately after surgery, the breasts are swollen and firmer. The final shape and size is approximated after 2 to 3 months, but up to one year may be required for the end result.

Bottoming out will not occur

for weeks to months down the road... and you are advised that its best to ask these questions of your surgeon who should be available to you 24/7 during your recovery period.  Heavy feelings are normal and the only thing that concerns me during the first week of recovery is hematomas and that results in one breast getting a lot larger and more painful.

Curtis Wong, MD

Bottoming Out After Breast Augmentation? #breastaugmentation

• You do not appear to be bottoming out after your breast augmentation.
  • Everything looks appropriate for being only 4 days out from your operation. 
  • Your implants are riding a bit high, as expected.
  • With time your implants will settle into place (over the next few months) as they stretch out the breast's lower pole skin.
  • Be patient, and you'll likely be very happy with the results!
  • Thanks for sharing.