Will my breast look bigger after they drop and fluff? (Photo)

I am 1 day post op and I feel like I may of gone to small. I'm 5'5 120 pounds. Pre op 34a and I got 350cc saline moderate under the muscle implants. I'm hoping to be a full c.

Just after surgery one day, you can expect...

some additional swelling.  The final result will be 6-12 weeks from the surgery.  Expect them to be wide, full at the sides and center of the chest.  One will be more sore than the other and one will be more swollen than the other.  Give your body some time to recover from the procedure. 

Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

The size of your breasts shouldn’t change as you heal.

You’re still very early in the healing process but the volume of your breasts shouldn’t change as they settle into the pocket. Your breast implants may look and feel different, though, once the swelling subsides and your tissue stretches to accommodate the implants. At a day after surgery, both you and your body are adjusting to the implants, which are placed a bit higher than their final intended position to account for settling. Let your body heal for the next couple months and give yourself some time to feel more familiar with your new breasts, then decide if you are happy with your results.

Ricardo A. Meade, MD

Size doesn't increase with settling

but your photos suggest you will easily achieve your goals.  If you were involved in the selection of your size, you should get what you were hoping for.

Curtis Wong, MD

1 day post op

The day after surgery, there is swelling all around your breasts.  The muscles are swollen in the upper breast so you will have upper pole fullness that makes the implants look too high.  Because of the swelling around your breasts, you won't have good breast definition, meaning you won't be able to see where the breasts begin and end.  This will make them look a little smaller.  Be patient, you won't see your full result for a minimum of 3-6 weeks.

Breast Size May Feel Too Small at First after Breast Augmentation #breastaugmentation

• As you are only one day out from your breast augmentation, you aren't close to seeing your final results yet. 
  • With time, your implants will settle into place.  Currently, your breast implants are riding high, so your breast shape looks a bit odd.  That is very common right after a breast augmentation!
  • As time goes by, and your implants settle into place, you will likely be very happy with your results.
  • Thanks for sharing!

Drop and fluff

In my experience, most women this early postoperatively will feel like they are either too small or too big. It may take some time, even months, before your brain can catch up with the changes in your body. As the implant drops, and stretches the overlying soft tissue, the shape will look less stark and combined better with the natural confines of the chest wall. Be patient, at your size and with that size implant you should look quite good. Good luck.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS

Will my breast look bigger after they drop and fluff?

Congratulations on having undergone the breast augmentation procedure.
You should be aware that a significant percentage of patients at your stage of recovery will feel that they are too big or (more commonly) too small. I routinely ask my patients to wait at least 3-6 months before evaluating the end results of the breast augmentation surgery. This waiting time allows patients to (usually) physically and psychologically adapt to the new body image.
There are both physiological and “psychological” reasons to wait on having revisionary surgery. From the physiological standpoint, it takes many months ( and even up to one year) to see the final results of surgery. factors such as swelling, tissue contraction, skin redraping, implant shifting etc. come into play.
From the psychological standpoint, patients undergo an “adaptation period" during which time they get used to the changes that the surgical procedure has brought about. Severe emotional swings can also occur after any type of surgical procedure.

In my opinion, the "drop and fluff” phenomenon does hold some validity; as breast implants “settle”, many patients feel that their breasts actually look larger. Although online consultants cannot predict whether or not you will be pleased with the long-term outlook, of the procedure performed, it is safe to predict that the breasts will change.
In your case, I would suggest continued patience. Continue to follow-up with your plastic surgeon.