Is it safe to inject an area with Juvaderm and Voluma that has been previously injected with collagen/Artefill?

Is it OK to Mix and Match fillers?

I frequently use different fillers in the same patient, and also mix and match different fillers in the same area to get the best result.  An area can be treated with Bellafill( previously Artefill) and with any of the other fillers very safely.

Multiple Filler Products

I use many different type of fillers at the same time to get certain effects and results. I suggest a formal consultation with a well trained facial rejuvneation specialist to determine if this is the best treatment for you.  Dr. Emer.

Using different products in same area

Thank you for your question. I do often use different products in the same region. I also have used Juvederm and Voluma over areas where Artefill has been placed in the past. Exceptions would be if you're having any problems with the artefill, such as swallowing, firmness, nodules, etc. 

Juvaderm, Voluma, Collagen and mixing fillers

Collagen has been discontinued for more than 10 years and never lasted more than 6 months.  I often layer different fillers or use different fillers in the face for various types of wrinkles.  However, I have no experience with Artefill.  Best, Dr. Green

I have used dermal fillers for 30 years and it's safe to use a different filler as long as the area being injected is without inflammation or infection from the permanent filler.  Bioalchamid has been reported to flare up when adding other fillers but I am unaware of that history with Artefil/Artecol.  

Juvederm and Volumna Injections

Dear Sammeter, Usually it is not bad to mix dermal fillers however a consultation and examination would be needed to determine if this is a safe and good choice for you at this time. I have limited experience with artefill except for having a few patients coming in who had it injected in Europe that have asked for it removed. As far as collagen goes this was the filler of choice years ago before the HA fillers became popular and I have many patients who have had collagen in the past and have changed to other fillers now with no concerns. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD

Safe to mix dermal fillers

Dear sammeter,

• In general it is safe to mix the dermal fillers because they do not cause bad reactions
  • The answer to your question would best be answered with a consultation
  • You will lose volume in your face over time and it is normal to have multiple types of fillers, especially as new ones come out

Dr. Nima

Nima Shemirani, MD

#Juvederm #Voluma #LipInjections

Sam,

It depends on the area, the area, and how long ago you had your injections. Make sure to visit a plastic surgeon to evaluate the area you are concerned about.

Please don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any more questions.
I hope this was helpful,
Dr. Daniel Barrett
Plastic Surgery
Beverly Hills, CA

Daniel Barrett, MD
Beverly Hills Physician