Is my nose too big for my face? or is it normal? what would make it look better? (photos)

Just curious

Rhinoplasty?

Hi Anthony1798. It depends on your personal preference on what your ideal nose should look like. If you want a smaller and more refined nose, a rhinoplasty is recommended. You should seek many consultations with experienced board-certified surgeons to see what options are there for you. I wish you the best of luck!

The ideal nose

Thank you for your photos. There really is no ideal nose. A great nose on one person can look terrible on another. It is most useful to have an in-person examination to measure and evaluate the proportions of your nose to the rest of your facial features. The most important way to determine what would make your nose better is if you decide on the type, shape, and size of the nose you personally like. Generally speaking men with stronger facial features such as yourself do better with structured, larger noses and any rhinoplasty that should be done should be careful in avoiding excessive rotation or reductions which can feminize the nose. Hope this helps!

Johnson C. Lee, MD Plastic Surgery

Johnson C. Lee, MD
Beverly Hills Physician

Rhinoplasty for large nose?

Only u can decide if u want it. You can have a better looking nose if you see a very experienced rhinoplasty surgeon. Also orthognathic surgery can help to balance your face. 

Nasal size considerations #rhinoplasty #plasticsurgery

A profile view of your face would be nice to do some basic facial analysis - you have a strong chin, which is a masculine feature and lloks great. Your nasal tip could be refined with rhinoplasty and dorsal hump reduced as well. 

Is my nose too big for my face? or is it normal? what would make it look better?

Thank you for your question and photographs.  You most prominent facial features are the strength of your chin and the size of your nose.  A chin reduction requires orthodontic surgery but may be something for you to consider in the future. Refinement of your nose done conservatively could also enhance your facial features and should be discussed during a consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon.

Being careful to avoid overly aggressive surgery is in your best interest in my opinion to be certain to see before-and-after photographs of other patients before choosing a surgeon to care for you.  Best of luck.

Jon A Perlman M.D., FACS
Diplomate, American Board of Plastic Surgery
Member, American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS)
ABC-TV Extreme Makeover Surgeon
Beverly Hills, California

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Is My Nose Too Big For My Face?

A rhinoplasty can be done to decrease the size, width, and asymmetry of your nose. Consult with an experienced rhinoplasty specialist to discuss your alternatives so you can make an educated decision and decide if you want to make any changes.

Is my nose too big for my face?

You appear to have a strong nose but other features on your face such as your chin are also strong. a male can have a stronger nose than women and still be attractive. I recommend you go to an experienced surgeon who does computer imaging this will be very helpful in deciding if reducing the nose is worth it.

Curtis Perry, MD
Downey Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty candidate for large nose

Only the patient can answer the question about whether they wish to undergo a rhinoplasty procedure. A rhinoplasty procedure can accomplish narrowing the bridge line, narrowing the tip, decreasing the overall projection of the nose and shaving down a dorsal hump. Computer imaging performed in the office can also be helpful to understand what can be accomplished with your nose on your facial features. For many examples of rhinoplasty from our practice, please see the link and the video below

Every nose is different and unique to that individual. If the appearance of your nose concerns you enough to do something about it, it can be improved with a natural artistically performed rhinoplasty. What would be the best option and exact procedure would depend on an in person examination (not just an online consultation) and discussion about desired outcome. Excellent results can be achieved with either a closed or open technique.

No one ever "needs" a rhinoplasty. It is an elective procedure and only you can determine if your nasal features concern you enough to do something about refining and improving the cosmetic appearance of your nose with an artistically performed natural appearing rhinoplasty and whether it would be worthwhile

Keep in mind that following advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you exactly what to do and how technically to do it based on two dimensional photos without examining you, physically feeling your tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history and discussing the pros and cons of the operative procedure would not be in your best interest. Natural appearing results need to be individualized and what is appropriate for one patient is not necessarily the best for someone else. I would suggest that you find a surgeon with extensive rhinoplasty experience certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and one who is ideally a member of The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Robert Singer, M.D., FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty candidate, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.

The harmony between facial parts makes us instinctively recognize the beauty... without knowing it, without defining it, just a perception that surprises and captivates us.

In this regard, I suggest perform a Closed Rhinoplasty (without visible scars) to treat the tip, base and nasal bridge.
With this procedure you get a delicate nose, better harmonize with your other facial features.

Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD