What can be done about my lips? (photos)

What can be done about my asymmetrical lips?, And just how much would it cost to make them similar to the second photo? The sides of my lips drop drastically in the middle of my mouth and I would like the sides to meet the ends. I'm very insecure about it and I've made the decision to go big lengths to fix them. So what exactly can be done, how much would it cost and how long would some of the healing processes be?

Lip Augmentation Candidate to improve asymmetry.

To address your desire for improved symmetry in your lips, you may wish to consider lip augmentation with dermal filler. Consult in person with an experienced and expert physician injector to understand your options. 

What can be done about my lips?

Hi, I have performed many lip augmentation procedures using dermal fillers or lip implants for over 30 years.  From the photos, your lips are a bit small. Following the beauty principles outlined in my book on face and body beauty, the upper lip should be full with the upper lip approximately 75 % size of the lower lip for the lips to appear balanced. The lips can be augmented using a dermal filler or a Permalip implant for a permanent enhancement.

Dermal filers and lip implants offer far more reliable volume to augment the lips than permanent fillers or fat injections that are also associated with increased, unwanted, side effects.

Hope this helps.

Lip Asymmetry and Fillers

You appear to be a great candidate for lip fillers and your asymmetry would be corrected.  It is an art and you need to consult a dermatologist with an artistic eye for lip injections.  Best, Dr. Green

Fillers

You should start out with 1cc of juvederm filler and go from there. You do not want to overdo too much filler in the lips. It also depends on the look you are going for too. You can always add more filler to the lips if needed. Just remember if you are going to do your lips and you do not want to bruise you should not take any aspirins or anything that will thin the blood since brusing can occur. One syringe is typically $500.

Elliot M. Heller, MD

Lip augmentation

Hello, and thanks for your question. I do think you would be a good candidate for lip augmentation with a hyaluronic acid filler. I ususally prefer Juvederm Ultra, but there are a number of fillers that work well in this area. Swelling and bruising are common, but typically resolve within about 2 weeks. To maximize the likelihood of a favorable outcome, I recommend only getting treated by an expert. Best of luck, Dr. Frucht. 

Corey Frucht, MD, PhD
Santa Barbara Dermatologic Surgeon

Lip augmentation

Using a filler like Juvederm can bring symmetry and volume to your lips.  See a board certified plastic surgeon for best results.

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Lip Augmentation

Thank you for your question. Lip augmentation through fillers can provide a more symmetrical pair of lips. I suggest you next consult in person with a board certified facial plastic surgeon. Best wishes,

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Improving Symmetry With Lip Augmentation

Thank you for your question and for sharing your photographs.  Sorry that you are having some concerns about the appearance of your lips.  Based on your photos, I would suggest a conservative lip augmentation with a hyaluronic acid based dermal filler such as Juvederm.  Beautiful and natural results can be achieved.  You can expect some normal postprocedure swelling and bruising.  Icing is helpful for up to 48 hours after the procedure.  Arnica is also helpful for minimizing normal postprocedure swelling and bruising.  Avoidance of NSAIDS such as Motrin, aspirins and fish oils for one week prior to a planned injectable procedure will significantly reduce your bruising risk.  Please keep in mind that it will take 2 weeks to allow for normal postprocedure swelling and bruising to resolve and to see your final result.  Please be sure to see an expert injector for an in-person consultation to fully address your concerns and to fully discuss your goals and expectations in order to determine the best treatment plan.  Hope this helps and best wishes! 

What can be done about asymmetric lips?

Slight asymmetry is normal that's why actors and models are often concern about their "better side". Use of fillers can sometimes improve symmetry but will never achieve perfection no matter what lengths you go. Think Micheal Jackson's nose. For fillers you can choose between synthetic fillers which last no more than a year and fat transfer where the results will last many years to decades when properly performed by a surgeon experienced in the technique. Please see examples of fat transfer in the link below.

Curtis Perry, MD
Downey Facial Plastic Surgeon

Assymetrical lips

Thank you for your photos. Assymetrical lips can be corrected in a single visit by using injectable hyaluronic acid fillers. The filler should be carefully injected at specific depths and angles on your lips to achieve the look you are going for. The cost will vary depending on the amount and type of filler that you choose to use as some fillers last longer than others and therefore cost more.  Often times, the lips will swell and appear larger and puffy for the first 72 hours before decreasing to their final shape and volume over a period of a week. This can be reduced by icing shortly after the procedure. It is best to have an in-person examination to determine how much and what kind of filler is best for your lips and to properly communicate exactly what shape you would like. Hope this helps!
Johnson C. Lee, MD Plastic Surgery

Johnson C. Lee, MD
Beverly Hills Physician