Do you think I need a lift? (Photos)

This is a picture of me one year later after having silicone implants 300 cc placed behind the muscle. I'm not satisfied as I wanted a more rounder fake look. My implants are "moderate profile". I want to know if I choose high profile implants, will I achieve the "round fake look" which I desire? Do I also need a lift?

Do you think I need a lift?

Sorry, but it is not possible to determine, based on the limited photographs, whether breast lifting is necessary or not. My best suggestion: seek consultation with board-certified plastic surgeons who can demonstrate lots of experience achieving the types of outcomes you would be pleased with. You may find attached link, dedicated to "larger" breast augmentation surgery outcomes, helpful to you as you learn more. Best wishes.

Do I need a lift

it looks to me like you should have had a lift as your first procedure.  In a case like yours I might have performed the lift first and then out implants in at a second stage.  Your breasts are rather ptotic (sagging).  In your case it is hard to get both size and perkiness achieved in one procedure.  There are many different ways various surgeons might approach your situation to get you the result you want.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Achieving a round fake look

Thank you for the photos.  To get the rounder and larger fake look you are looking for I would remove them from under the muscle and put them on top, which will give you much better fullness and cleavage.  Without examining you however, I cannot tell you if may also need a lift.

Christopher Costanzo, MD
Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Achieving a round fake look

It is possible to achieve a "round fake look" by using larger diameter implants with a higher-profile. This will better fill your breast tissue to a round shape and size that wouldn't naturally occur on your body frame. A lift is not necessary at this time, however with larger implants and aging, it is possible that you may need a lift in the future to maintain your newapperance for the long term. It is best to have an in-office evaluation to determine the best implants and treatment plan given your current anatomy. Hope this helps!!

Johnson C. Lee, MD Plastic Surgery

Johnson C. Lee, MD
Beverly Hills Physician

Unsatisfactory Breast Augmentation

Just switching to a HP will not do the trick. The most important factor that dictates the appearance of your breasts in terms of 'natural' or 'fake' is the ratio of implant to breast tissue. You appear to have a lot of your own tissue (and skin); this means you have one of two options. The first and easiest thing to do is just put in bigger implants. However, that may not make you happy, as you will definitely be bigger, perhaps a lot bigger. The other option is more complex, but will give you a beautiful breast that is not too big, but full on top and not saggy below. This would be performing a breast reduction and lift.  This alters the ratio of breast to implant without necessarily changing the implant volume, and also improves sagging. Best of luck!

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Lift or not

Thank you for the question and the photos but it is hard to tell from them whether you would benefit from a lift as an examination is really needed.  So go on some complimentary consultations and be evaluated.

Dr. Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

Breast aug

I would recommend go bigger and go higher profile.    I don't think you need a lift. You have had a very nice result from your augmentation .  I would recommend a larger implant with a more projected or higher profile for you to have a faker look.   Go to a board certified plastic surgeon. Good luck!

Andrew T. Cohen, MD

Do you think I need a lift

The higher the profile, the more likely you will achieve the fake look, although that is decreased some when placed underneath the muscle. As to a lift, it might give you a better shape, keeping the volume but achieving more projection.

Julio Garcia, MD

Do you think I need a lift? (Photos)

It does not seem you need a lift. what you need a larger high profile implant.

High profile are taller and narrower implants when compared to moderate profile implants of the same volume.The decision is usually based on the patient breast dimensions, amount of breast that the patient can contribute to the projection and I also factor the patients desires. I try my best to also respect the skin quality and elasticity in order to prevent future drooping due to unnecessarily heavy implants.

over or under muscle doesn't dictate what size implant we can use.  The muscle coverage is helpful in very thin patients and seems to reduce capsular contracture according to some scientific studies. Under the breast tissue is the most natural feel and has a less chance of animation deformity when the pectoralis muscle contracts. In most instances only the top implant is covered by muscle and the reset of the implant ends up under the breast tissue.

When you're looking for a cosmetic procedure you find a surgeon that has been certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.  Choose a board certified plastic surgeon who is highly experience in Brazilian Butt Lifts.  choose one wisely.  Many surgeons, including myself, offer online virtual consultations where you send us your photos and we can estimate the cost. and free Face to face consultation.

Do you think I need a lift?

Thank you for your pictures and questions. It appears that you have a nice result from your procedure. If you want a more rounded upper pole and a more "fake" look, then would would likely do better with a wider implant and probably more volume, so possibly a high profile implant. Based on the nipple position in the photos, I do not think you would need a lift at that time. Speak with a local board certified plastic surgeon and try on implants of various sizes to try to determine what additional volume will get you the results you seek.