What dermatological treatment can I get to reduce fine lines and skin aging and sun damage without using Botox? (photo)

I am 25 years old living in Southern California- I wear spf 60 every day but I've been noticing my skin losing elasticity and my fine lines around my mouth and eyes growing bigger, I do have a mild case of Rosacea but have been able to keep it under control and I have moderately dry skin.

Skin Rejuvenation

Hi and thank you for your question! The great news is that you are already becoming conscious of your skin at 25 years old. This will save you a lot of sun damage that people get throughout their 20's and 30's. A retinol would be fantastic for you to start on, as this can reverse and prevent collagen loss. We would set you up for a consultation with our NP or PA to discuss options for an anti-aging treatment plan, possibly involving some lasers treatments and definitely some medical grade skin care.  Feel free to come in for a complementary consultation, we are here in Marina del Rey! Best, Dr. Grant Stevens

Reduce fine lines and sun damage.

Thank you for your question. This is not a substitute for an in person consultation. We have been using PicoSure Focus to treat sun damage with great results. PicoSure Focus will also improve skin texture, as well as fine lines and wrinkles. Continue to use sunscreen.

Douglas J. Key, MD
Portland Dermatologic Surgeon

Skin Rejuvenation

Thank you for your question. You should continue to practice safe sun protection methods. You can bolster the spf application by wearing sun protective clothing. Laser refinishing, chemical peel, and dermabrasion are potential solutions to the skin elasticity and fine lines. I suggest that you consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon to understand each of these procedures. Best wishes,

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Halo/BBL

I would recommend a combination of Halo/BBL. The Halo should reduce the fine lines, skin aging and reverse the sun damage. The BBL minimizes the appearance of Rosacea. After one treatment of a combo HALO/BBL treatment you should see a significant difference in your skin. The Halo should be done routine once a year and a series of BBL treatments 3-5 times a year.

Kian Karimi, MD, FACS

Skin treatments to help sun damage

Dear Patient from Santa Clarita,

You appear to have moderate sun damage at your early age. Its important to wear sun protection every day on all sun exposed parts of your body. This will help prevent future damage.

For the already established damage, medical skin care could be helpful.

Certain IPL treatments can help improve the skin. But the most dramatic improvement would come from ablative skin resurfacing.

I hope this was helpful. 

Adam Scheiner, MD
Tampa Oculoplastic Surgeon

What dermatological treatment can I get to reduce fine lines and skin aging and sun damage without using Botox?

When you are in your twenties the important thing to remember is to cleanse your skin, never go to sleep with your makeup on and use a moisturizer that contains SPF. Although it sounds like you are already doing that.

My recommendation is to try chemical peels and maybe combine them with a facial. Chemical peels safely exfoliate the top layer of dead skin, this will cause a natural cell turnover process to speed up, helping to stimulate the growth of new collagen.

Light peels, administered by a doctor, can help firm skin and reduce the appearance of fine likes. Use at-home versions regularly between visits to exfoliate and further battle the onset of wrinkles. If you'd like to try something stronger with more impressive results I suggest the retinol peel. You will have about 5-7 days of peeling/down-time. You might also like to consider using collagen boosting products, such as vitamin c and peptides. Since you have dry skin make sure you are using an appropriate moisturizer and makeup packed with non-drying ingredients.

Your other option is a laser skin tightening treatment. Here at my practice I created a 3D skin tightening laser treatment, combining two different lasers it helps stimulate collagen. This treatment has no down-time and results will last for up to a year.

Dennis Gross, MD

No botox.

Since you are young, there are some more simple options for you, although botox is not altogether bad option.  First thing is daily skin care, I recommend to my patients good cleanser and toner..in our practice we like Obagi Nuderm products.  Also, microdermbrasion for maintenance of clean healthy looking skin.  Other slightly more aggressive options are non-ablative laser treatments like IPL for sun damage or Lacer genesis for skin tone and texture improvement.  Hope this helps.
Dr Vasisht

Bhupesh Vasisht, MD
Voorhees Plastic Surgeon

Reducing fine lines and skin aging and sun damage without using Botox

In my office I have found the best way to reduce fine lines and wrinkles and restore elasticity has been micro-needling combined with growth factor serums derived from human stem cells. We have been getting excellent results using the ProCell Therapies system which combines motorized micro-needling with concentrated human growth factor serums made from human stem cells. For optimal results, our patients then continue to use the growth factor serum at home after their office treatment. This serum has been shown to be very effective at reversing the inflammation from rosacea as well.

Mitchell Schwartz, MD
South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon