Lumpy uneven liposuction after 6 months? (Photo)

It has passed 6 months since lipo. It looked very good on the first 2 weeks, and then become very lumpy and uneven. I patiently waited for 6 months. My weight is the same, and I didn't gain anything extra. I'm very upset with the lumpy abdomen. What are my options now!?

Lumpy abdomen after surgery

Unfortuntely this will most likely not improve on its own at this point.  I would recommend attempting a fat redistribution technique with basket cannulas.  This can be done in conjunction with fat grafting.  If unsuccessful, or if you wanted to be more certain of a good outcome, I would recommend an open procedure where the irregularities can be reduced directly from the underside of the flap.    

Santa Rosa Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction - lumpy result after 6 months

Thank you for asking about your liposuction.

• I am so sorry you have a disappointing result.
  • Without before/after photos and an exam, it is not possible to advise you.
  • If there is residual fat, a revision liposuction with or without fat grafting may help.
  • A range of office treatments can be tried - but liposuction revisions cannot always you get the look you have in mind.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Undesirable outcomes after liposuction

Undesirable outcomes after liposuction can be difficult at times not possible to correct.

This is especially true when areas have been over treated.

Treatment options include revision liposuction in which case the goal is to remove arias of remaining fat in an attempt to even out the contour.

The second option is fat transfer though the success of this in people who have been over treated it's not particularly good.

I do not believe non-surgical options such as radio frequency devices are particularly good at treating unevenly or excessively performed liposuction procedures.

Neither do I believe that steroid injections have any place in treating unevenly or overly aggressive performed liposuction.

Consider a second opinion with a board-certified plastic surgeon who has expertise in body contouring.

Mats Hagstrom M.D.

Mats Hagstrom, MD

Lumpy uneven liposuction after 6 months?

Thank you for your question and photo. Based on your photo you have multiple depressions and grooving which are unnatural. The abdomen is not flat naturally and has 3D topography, but your surgeon did not reveal your underlying muscle anatomy in a natural way. You will need revision surgery to improve your result. See a board certified plastic surgeon experienced in advanced body sculpting techniques for an in person consultation. Good luck.

Lumps and Bumps After Lipo on the Stomach.

This needs body shaping procedures such as non-invasive coolsculpting or sculpsure, vanquish, cellutone, exilis.  You can also get a hi definition revision procedure.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Irregularity after liposuction

Irregularities after liposuction can be related to aggressive suctioning, excess use of laser or other energy devices, or superficial suctioning of tissue.  It appears from the picture that you have quite a bit of hardness in these areas which could be persistent edema or even "scar" type tissue.  Options for treatment depend on the physical exam of the area.  If there is hardness, non-invasive treatments such as velashape or injection of low dose steroid preparations may be helpful.  There may be a need to revision of the area if this persists.  Best of luck.

Kyle Coleman, MD
New Orleans Dermatologic Surgeon