How Soon Can I have a Revision? I am 6 days Post Op with a Distorted Result? (photos)

425cc to 350cc. Left breast is supple, moveable, natural looking, but right breast is painful, hard, squeezed to the upper pole, distorted looking. The pocket is closed off too close on the lateral side, not allowing enough room for the implant to move . Dr. says just a "mini"revision needed? Does he mean just enlarging the pocket? Can this be done without removing the implant, Bella Derm is holding it in place? Can it be done 2 to 3 weeks post op so that I can return to my active job?

Revision

Thank you for the question though it should be addressed to your surgeon. If both breasts went into surgery looking alike and similar things were done they should look alike now and any significant difference could be a complication that needs attention

Dr Corbin

Early postop

Thanks for your question. It sounds like you had a complex procedure and required extra soport with belladerm. Repositioning of your folds and pocket adjustment is difficult and there is a very low threshold for needing a revision. It is much safer to wait 6 weeks to 3 months for a revision. 

Wesley G. Schooler, MD
Santa Barbara Plastic Surgeon

How Soon Can I have a Revision? I am 6 days Post Op with a Distorted Result?

Good morning. Give yourself plenty of time for the implants to settle. It's very difficult to tell what the specific problem is from the angle and close shot of your breasts. I advice my patients that it may take 3-6 months for implnats to settle. At that time if something needs to be revised we then plan for it. Good luck

Wait 6-12 weeks for revision of breast augmentation

Of course your plastic surgeon is the most important person to answer this question properly for you.  However in my experience I would not attempt to revise the pocket for breast augmentation for at least 6 and preferably 12 weeks.  During your healing you may improve significantly during that time.