What kind of stitches are these and how should this heal? Peri 10 days post op. (photos)

Perineoplasty 10 days post op. No LP cause hubby and I like labia. 1. What is this roll of stitches from vag to anus-will this roll flatten out and go away? 2. One stitch seems tighter, cutting roll in half midway-what will happen with that? 3. Lower L labia pulled away from stitches-how would you fix that later? 4. It looks/feels like theres alot of extra loose skin now around anus-should that tighten up and go away or? 5. Is there other future work you see that may be needed cosmetically?

Concerned about appearance ten days after perineoplasty

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

It takes a six to eight weeks for the normal swelling to go down after surgery.  Sutures are designed to hold tissue together long enough for the body to heal in the right way and then to dissolve.  Appearances change very rapidly in the post operative appearance so I wouldn't worry or obsess as long as you are feeling better each day.  See your surgeon.

Lumpy suture line after perineoplasty?

Swelling along the perineal suture line is temporary and subsides when the sutures dissolve in a few weeks. Keep the area clean and don't worry about it. The final result should be apparent in 6-8 weeks.

10 days after perineoplasty with a ridge of extra skin and some distortion-- what gives..??

I don't mean to be rude, but only to comment that all of your questions should be asked to & answered by the DOC WHO DID YOUR SURGERY (you know, the one you PAID!) Surgical fees, to my mind, include full pre- and post-op preparation, care, and ongoing "question-answering," not just the surgical procedure itself... That said, I truly cannot begin to accurately answer your very appropriate questions without an in-person evaluation. It takes a full month before you'll be able to get an idea of your post-op appearance. At that time, if you are dissatisfied with results, you can discuss with your surgeon, or see another specialized gyn plastic/cosmetic surgeon who can revise to your exact specifications. The attached weblink can give you an idea of what perineo/vaginoplasties look like @ 6 weeks post-op...

Very best wishes!

Michael P Goodman, MD
Davis, CA USA