What kind of lift do I need? (photos)

One doctor said I need the lollipop lift and the implant over the muscle and the second doctor said I need the doughnut Lift and the implant under the muscle. I'm 5'1 and my weigh is 118,I'm 34b,

Full lift with implants

Thank you for your question and photos.  I would recommend a full (anchor) breast lift with implants placed under the muscle.  It might be wise to seek a second opinion regarding this.

Dr. Results
Miami, FL

Get a second opinion

As you can read, there are a lot of differing opinions on this one. I would suggest that you get a second opinion from a board certified plastic surgeon in your area (link below) since an in person exam is really mandatory for making an accurate recommendation and see which option gets the most yes votes. Best, Dr. Nazarian

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Breast lift in Santa Barbara

I'm sorry to potentially confuse the situation further, but I don't agree with either of those opinions.  Putting the implant over the muscle will give you a nice short term fix, but without the muscle support you are more likely to suffer from capsular contracture, as well as further drooping as the weight of the implant stretches your skin further over time.  While it is possible that you can get away with a "doughnut" lift over a breast implant, your drooping appears to be significant enough that you will likely need a vertical or lollipop lift no matter where the implant is placed.  While it is difficult to give you a specific plan without an exam, I would think you would benefit from an implant completely or partially under the muscle with a vertical lift to give you a nice and long lasting breast form.
Dr. Lowenstein

What kind of lift?

HI Yazmin,

I think that you need lollipop lifts with the implants beneath the muscle. This position will put less stress on the skin of the breasts, reduce the chances of capsular contracture, and allow you to have better mammograms.
The doughnut lift will not, in my opinion , have enough strength to hold the skin firmly for an extended period of time, and you will probably eventually have very large nipple-areoalar complexes. the implants will also ride low  if you put them on top of the muscle.
Hope this helps a bit.
Dr. Christine Rodgers

Around the nipple lifts will flatten you projection

and if your surgeon uses the wrong type of suture, lead to a very large stretched out areola (basically what you have now).  If sutures fail later, poor scarring can also occur.  With dual-plane techniques, you can still have your implant under the muscle if you like.  Anytime there is excess skin side to side on the inferior pole, a vertical lift is always more superior to the results of an around the nipple lift.

Curtis Wong, MD

What kind of lift do I need?

The consensus is a submuscular implant and vertical (lollipop) or full (anchor) breast lift. Seeing another plastic surgeon might be wise.

It also depends on the look you want

You should seek further consultation from the doctors you have seen to clarify your concerns, or seek another consultation from a board certified plastic surgeon. Having said that, you have significant ptosis as well as very large areolas for your breast size. You should bring photos of the breast examples that you would like to achieve. There generally isn't a single best answer, but different techniques will yield different results and final look. You should look at examples of the technique that your surgeon is proposing, as surgeons will often be ble to achieve the best look with the technique they are most comfortable with.

Wesley G. Schooler, MD
Santa Barbara Plastic Surgeon

D of lift do I need? (photos)

You have grade 3 droopiness with a mild degree of tubular breast asymmetry. 
In my opinion, your options will lie between a vertical/ anchor type lift along with augmentation mammaplasty that can be done in the same setting. 
I may also recommend more that one consultation, in person, prior making your final decision. 

Maan Kattash, MD, FRCS, FACS

Breast Augmentation and LIft

Your ptosis supersedes any question of tuberous breast issues. Implants do best under the muscle, and your breast tissue would be best managed with a full lift.

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

What kind of breast lift and implants?

A donut mastopexy will not solve your problem of ptosis. You need a 'lollipop' or
'anchor' type of surgery. I would place your implants on top of your muscles so
that if you have any future sagging, as you probably will, your implant will be
part of your breast and descend with the breast tissue and not stay behind your
pectoralis muscles and possibly result in a "double bubble" deformity.      

Robert E. Zaworski, MD