My Doctor recommended Cool Helium Plasma Skin Resurfacing (J Plasma) treatment. Any advice or comments on this procedure? (photo

My doctor recommends the treatment for my entire face, especially targeting the "ex-smoker's" lines above my upper lip, and the acne scarring, wrinkling & large pores on my chin. I haven't seen any publicity on the treatment, is it new? The before & after photos of my Doctor's patients show fabulous results. I am 59 yrs old, and a redhead with very light skin. I've had 3 laser treatments on these areas already, with only slight improvement. Thank you in advance for your advice!

Cool Helium Plasma Resurfacing

Cool Helium Plasma is a cutting edge technology that combines radio frequency energy with inert helium gas to create a plasma that can ablate tissue in a very precise fashion. Plastic surgeons are now using it to resurface facial skin with amazing results. CO2 laser resurfacing is often compared, but in my opinion they're not close. J-Plasma is safer, more precise, and effective in a single treatment compared to multiple treatments often required by lasers. It is ideal for Fitzpatrick 1s and 2s, with dyschromias, old acne scars, large pores, fine lines and wrinkles. Based on your photo and description, you appear to be a great candidate. In my practice I have stopped treating specific areas and now advise patients to treat the whole face, as the demarcation between treated and untreated skin is significant. Talk to your doctor about this. Also the healing time is prolonged. But on the back end, the results are more than amazing. I wish you the best!

Roseville Plastic Surgeon

Facial Aging and Lasers like Fraxel/Clear + Brilliant, RF like VIVA, Peels, Fillers, Skin Care, Face Lift, Fat Injections, Micro

Cool helium plasma uses radiofrequency and helium gas to resurface the skin without causing a lot of redness. Like lasers, you'll need several treatments to see a real change. Microneedling with PRP will help fill out the deeper lines with plasma and new collagen. Please see an expert. Best, Dr. Emer