Would it be absurd if I wanted a tummy tuck, breast implants, and labiaplasty all at once?

I am a very active person and surf on a regular basis. I'm curious if getting implants will hinder my surfing since you spend a bit of time on your stomach. Could they burst from the constant motion? I want a full C or possibly D. For the other procedures I have an uncomfortable amount of extra skin, separated abs and just need it fixed. Plus I can't enjoy being in a 2 piece cuz I am too self concoscience about my tummy.

Surfing After Surgery

Hi and thanks for your great question.  Yes, it is very reasonable to ask to do these procedures all at once and quite common.  You will need to stay in the normal range for implants, though, and not go too large.  I would recommend no surfing for 3 months after surgery, being careful to avoid water which can be a breeding ground for infection.  You want to be sure you are completely healed so you won't introduce any bacteria into the healing scars. Your board certified plastic surgeon will advise you.  Best of luck on your journey.

Tummy tuck, breast augmentation and labiaplasty - ok at one time?

Thank you for asking about your mommy make-over.
  • You are not at all absurd -
  • Your goal is reasonable and the combination is common.
  • Your implants should not hinder your surfing - as long as you stay in the C (full normal) range
  • Larger implants, like larger breasts could alter your surfing comfort and position - but if you want a fuller-than-normal look, the adjustment may be worthwhile.
  • You will need six weeks off surfing and it makes sense to have all the surgery at once to reduce your time out of the water!
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Those procedures can be safely combined, but it depends on the comfort level of your surgeon. Make sure to discuss the pros and cons of placing implants above or below your pectoralis muscles also.Recovery after a tummy tuck, with repair of a rectus diastasis, typically requires that you not lift more than 10 pounds for six weeks. Realistically, I don't think that you be back in the water for 2-3 months after your surgery. Make sure to going consultations with board certified plastic surgeons.

Mommy makeovers

Combination procedures to address all your needs and desires can be done safely by board-certified plastic surgeons and reputable anesthesia providers. Tummy tucks and breast procedures are commonly performed together and the addition of labiaplasty should only add another 30 minutes. Because you are an active swimmer/surfer, while I agree with the others about the durability of the implants, you may want to consider putting the implants above the muscle to avoid animation deformity (people who use their pectoralis major muscles can have "jumping implants" and the last thing you want is to be performing party tricks!). Being on your stomach frequently does put pressure on the implants and you will have to be mindful especially in the early months to avoid lateralization of the implants (implants in your armpits or just very wide between). I hope this helps! - Dr. Mills

Dan Mills, MD

That surgical combination is doable if you are in good health. Impants are very durable and it is quite unlikely, but not impossible, they would be damaged.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Multiple surgeries

This should not be an issue, You are very healthy and you will recover rapidly. I don't anticipate that you'll be out of the water very long

Max Gouverne, MD
Corpus Christi Plastic Surgeon

Combining Multiple Procedures in a Mommy Makeover

The Mommy Makeover is a combination of procedures to bring a woman’s body back to the way she looked prior to pregnancy. Most commonly some variation of a #TummyTuck and #BreastSurgery are performed. Additional procedures can include liposuction, umbilical hernia repair.  The most common #breastprocedures include #mastopexy or #breastlift, #breastaugmentation, or #breastreduction.  #Combined operations are often performed with our #Gynecology colleagues. Tubal ligation is a common post pregnancy procedure which is done at the time of many of the surgeries included with a #MommyMakeover. If you require a gynecologic operation or study (laparoscopy) and are considering a plastic surgery procedure, discuss these issues with your physician and board-certified plastic surgeon. Also, combining these #procedures may decrease anesthetics, costs, and recovery time.

Surfing

Thanks for your question.  It is definitely reasonable to combine these procedures so that you only have one recovery.It will probably be about 8 weeks before you are healed enough to get back out in the ocean.  There are many women with breast implants that enjoy the full range of physical activities including surfing.  Best of luck!

Jeffrey Umansky, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Combining procedures

In general it is safe to combine the procedures that you mentioned.  After your recovery from surgery you should be able to resume the activities you love without issue.  Visit with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area to discuss the procedures and determine what is best for you.

Camille Cash, MD

Mommy makeover

Thank you for your question.  It is very common to combine cosmetic procedures. Implants will not be affected by surfing or any other sporting activity.  I would recommend that you see a board certified plastic surgeon in your area. Best of luck.  

Jon E. Rast, MD
Kansas City Plastic Surgeon