Can Sublime laser treatment dissolve Voluma?

Hi There! I am about to get sublime laser treatment but I'm a little concerned. I got Voluma injections a little over a month ago and was wondering if Sublime laser treatment will melt or disolve the Voluma in my cheeks.

Laser won't affect Voluma

No, having laser will not affect your Voluma results. Voluma can be dissolved, but only with a specific injection.

Kindly,

Kouros Azar

Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Vitrase is better

Vitrase (hyaluronidase) is specific for dissolving voluma.  Laser heating is not specific for the voluma.
Better to go with the direct approach.

Laser and filler

Laser heat to an HA filler, like Voluma, may reduce the filler if the heat is in close proximity to where the Voluma was placed.  However, if you are trying to get rid of Voluma, hylauronidase, is the agent you want to easily and relatively painlessly remove unwanted filler.

Rodney E. Schmelzer, MD
Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

Sublime and Fillers

Fillers are not affected by skin tightening procedures or lasers.  Please see an expert for treatment. Best, Dr. Emer.

Dissolving Voluma

Only Vitrase (hayluronidase) can dissolve Voluma and not the laser.  You should not have any other problems with the Voluma but I would wait at least two weeks from your injections.  Best, Dr. Green