Juvederm Ultra Plus Injected in my Lips and It was gone in less than a month.

I was advised Juvederm Ultra Plus would last up to 6 months. I received an injection in my lips and it dissipated in a month. Tried again and same result. Love the results but cannot handle the expense. Is this normal? Will Volbella last longer for me?

I'm sorry that the results didn't last past a month.  Perhaps more product was needed to achieve the result, although if you had two treatments back to back with the same results, that is not the likely scenario.  As Volbella is designed for the lip area, it is definitely something to consider.  If it doesn't last for you either you may consider fat grafting to the lip area for a more permanent result.

Juverderm out of the lips

You may want to try fat grafting to the lips which is done under local only in the office, similar process as fillers except for need to harvest the fat from somewhere on your body.

Arian Mowlavi, MD

Lip filler not lasting

How much filler did you get? It's possible you did not get enough to give you the result you wanted. Options include adding more filler or switching to a different one. Make sure you find an experienced provider. 

Michael A. Zadeh, MD, FACS
Sherman Oaks General Surgeon

Juvederm didn't last long in lips

There are some rapid metabolizers of filler. Vobella is supposed to last longer but time will tell. Often people need more than one syringe to get their desired results.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Getting the Perfect Pout--Lip Augmentation with Restylane, Juvederm, Implants, Fat

There are other great fillers for lip augmentation. You can try (Restylane, Juvederm) or  go with implants or fat. Keep in mind that your initial result may have been due to swelling, which lasts 1-2 weeks, and once that went down, you weren't as happy with the results. It may be the amount of filler needs adjusted too. See an expert. Best, Dr. Emer