Correct lip lines with a chronic disease?

can a women who has graves and has had 5 eye surgeries get some type of correction for upper lip lines and between eyebrow lines remedied?

Correcting Lip Lines and chronic illness

I am sorry that you have a chronic illness but you are definitely a candidate for correcting lip lines and the other cosmetic procedures.  Restylane Silk works extremely well for these types of lines.  Be certain to consult an expert for these advanced injections. Best, Dr. Green

Fillers for correcting lip lines

Filler injections (e.g. juvederm, restylane etc) can be a safe and effective treatment for most folks, including those with lines due to chronic disease. Your dermatologist can guide you as to the best options for you and provide you with realistic expectations for the results. Between the brows, Botox is typically used, +/- filler if the lines are already etched in deep at rest.

Benjamin Barankin, MD
Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

Injectables compatible with Graves' disease?

Yes, correcting lip lines with fillers (fat or off the shelf hyaluronic acid) and the "elevens" in between your eyebrows with Botox (and possibly filler) should not affect Graves' disease, even given that you have had 5 surgeries. 
If done properly, both treated areas should be far away from your peri orbital areas and should not affect your proptosis or lagophthalmos. If anything, I would think that relaxing your forehead and glabella (region in between your brows) might actually help your eye issues a bit. 

Lily Lee, MD
Pasadena Plastic Surgeon

Hello ellenlolo,
Thanks for your question.
As long as your Grave's disease is under control and there aren't any future eye surgeries planned that may alter the anatomy between your eyes, it would be safe to correct the area between your eyes and improve your upper lip lines.  Filler or fat injections would be best for these areas.  Be careful injecting the area between the eyes because there is a very small risk of vision loss.  
I would recommend that you consult with an expert injector in your area.
Good luck,
Dr. Shah

Manish H. Shah, MD, FACS
Denver Plastic Surgeon