I am to have Breast reduction surgery, will I be able to use a 0 nicotine vapor to help me not smoke?

Things to consider for breast reduction in Melbourne, Florida

With regards to your question about using nicotine vapor, the answer is that you should stop using all types of nicotine well in advance of surgery due to wound healing risks from the vasoconstriction.  I hope this is helpful.  Best of luck!

Melbourne Plastic Surgeon

Nicotine and breast reduction

I have patients stop any and all nicotine in advance of surgery. Nicotine is s drug that causes vasoconstriction and can impair wound healing.

0 nicotine before surgery

Yes, I have had many patients successfully stop using nicotine products (cigarettes, nicotine containing e-cigs, patches, gum, chew) by using a 0 nicotine e-cig. You really want to make sure there are no other additives, because using nicotine less than 4 weeks before and 4 weeks after your surgery significantly increases your chances of having wound healing problems or worse (impaired blood flow to your nipple).

Tracy Kayan, MD
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Smoking and Breast Reduction Surgery

Stopping cigarettes before breast reduction surgery is very important in order to heal properly. If your electronic cigarette has no nicotine it should be fine to smoke before surgery.