Is there a fix for the asymmetry and pulling away of my right breast? (Photo)

My breast doesn't feel hardened but it's seems to be pulling away from the middle, like it's in the wrong place and the implants seem so high. I wanted a more sloped natural appearance. My doc advised against gummy bear type implants due to bottoming out possibilities. But these are ugly. 18 months post op

Is there a fix for the asymmetry and pulling away of my right breast?

Thank you for your question and pictures.  It does appear like your muscle is pulling your right implant a bit.  This maybe an early capsular contracture or your muscle just may be stronger on that side.

Bottoming out does not have to due with the type of implant but rather the size - the heavier they are, more chance of the fold not being able to support the weight.

At this point, if your want a more natural slope, you want tear drop implants and a lift to correct the asymmetry.  I would discuss this with your PS or get a second opinion from a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.

Breast asymmetry after augmentation

Thank you for your question. Without doing a physical exam it is difficult to tell exactly what the cause of the asymmetries are.  However based on your pictures it looks to me like there may be some pulling of your pectoralis muscle on the implant.  This can cause your implant to pull away from the middle, causing asymmetry.

18 months postoperatively, your tissue has settled and healed and this is likely the final result.  If you're unhappy, definitely go talk to your surgeon (or another surgeon if you like) to see what the options are.  There are ways to fix the shape of your breasts and give you the sloped, natural appearance you're looking for.  Make sure you find a surgeon who understands your goals and who you're comfortable with.

Good luck!
Dr. Seth

Breast is pulling away from chest

Without a preoperative photograph to compare to, it's hard to know if the asymmetry that we see in the photo now is a magnification of a prior asymmetry or something new like a seroma. In my opinion, your breasts would look better with a vertical breast lift and an implant rather than just a large implant trying to fill the space. I would go back your operating plastic surgeon and get their opinions. Good luck.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS