had voluma in cheeks - pulled skin down -caused deep under eye hollows and more pronounced nasolabial folds - returned nightmare

saw the Dr he injected additional voluma to cheek bones - then a small amt of restylane to left under eye crease caused by initial voluma- woke up with 2 inch horizontal fluid pocket and redness - went back told to use more ice - hide out 2-3 days or use an eye patch to cover the eye - am 60 and mortified - help!!!!!!!!!!!

Had voluma in cheeks - pulled skin down -caused deep under eye hollows and more pronounced nasolabial folds - returned nightmare

Thank you for your question. Swelling from Voluma can last over a week sometimes. Light massaging can help. If after two weeks you are still unhappy consult with a Board Certified Plastic surgeon for reversal treatment or other options.

Unhappy after filler

Try massaging the area for a week or two. If the bumps are still there after that, have your practitioner inject the enzyme to dissolve the product.

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Voluma and skin issues

Since there aren't any photos posted, it's difficult to give you a solid opinion, but you'll be well served to consult again with your injecting MD to see what the issues are and if things are normal or different from their expectations.

Redness and swelling after Voluma and Restylane

Hello Deb, 
I hope the redness and swelling is better by now.  Make sure to sleep elevated at 30-45 degrees until you are back to normal. Avoid salty foods, heavy exercise, alcohol and hot tubs until you are back to normal. These items can exacerbate swelling around the eyelid cheek junction.  This area is tricky because of its anatomy and also because it has very poor lymphatic drainage so only the most experienced injectors should be working at the eyelid cheek junction. Do visit with your doctor and if you feel you need more information do visit another Board Certified Facial Plastic Surgeon with extensive experience in this area for a second opinion. Bring your before pictures with you to your consultation. Also btw direct ice sometimes causes reactive redness and swelling after its application in a delayed fashion. I hope these tidbits of information were helpful to you and wish you the best in your journey to lovely results ! Voluma is one of the best items on the market !
Sincerely, 
Dr.  Anna Petropoulos

Anna Petropoulos, MD, FRCS
Boston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Voluma and redness and swelling

Voluma is a fabulous injection for providing an immediate lift to the mid face.  I can't tell from your description if you are having a side effect from the Voluma or Restylane.  I would immediately return to your physician since it sounds like you may need to have the product removed through Vitrase.  Please let us know what happens.

Had voluma in cheeks...

I'm sorry to hear about the issues you are having with your injections.  You may want to see someone in your area for another opinion.  The nasolabial folds should improve not worsen with Voluma injection, which is one of the reasons I like it so much.  Best of luck getting this sorted out.

Jeffrey A. Sweat, MD
Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

Voluma in cheeks caused problems

I can't exactly follow what is going on. I would suggest getting a 2nd opinion. Keep in mind that all the products used are hyaluronic acid and can be dissolved with hyaluronidase very easily. This will at least get you back to your starting point.

Steven F. Weiner, MD