I got a salicylic 10% peel yesterday. I've read it's supposed to be left on for 1-2 min but instead was left 4 min.

Today my skin isnt itchy but the pimples are, is that normal?

Chemical peels

Thank you for your question mregil. Chemical peels work well to rejuvenate the skin. A chemical peel should be performed by a medical professional. Different doctors leave on the peeling solution for different amounts of time before neutralization. The longer it is on the skin before neutralization the stronger the treatment. I tell my patients that redness, irritation, flaking, and itchiness are normal for the first week or so and I recommend that they use an emollient such as Vaseline or Aquaphor for recovery. Please consult with a doctor for specific recommendations. Good luck!

Encino Physician

Chemical Peel Results -- SEE AN EXPERT

Results come from getting an appropriate evaluation and seeing an expert trained in peels, skin care, and lasers.  Best, Dr. Emer