Surgeons, Have You Ever Encountered Any Complications With General Anesthesia?

I'm having surgery on Friday, (09/30/16). I'm not really nervous but I am very curious about anesthesia. Have you guys encountered problems yourselves while performing surgery? And how safe is it exactly?

Surgeons, have you ever encountered any complications with general anesthesia?

There are risks with any type of anesthesia (local, IV sedation, or general anesthesia).  However, all forms of anesthesia, including general anesthesia, carry high levels of overall safety.  The most common complication with general anesthesia is nausea/vomiting  which can occur in up to 30% of patients.  This problem usually resolves spontaneously in the first 24 to 48 hours following the procedure.  There are a number of options available to prevent and/or treat post op nausea.  As your surgeon and anesthesiologist as to which options they will recommend in your case.  Best wishes, Dr. Lepore.

San Jose Plastic Surgeon

GENERAL ANESTHESIA

General anesthesia it is very safe, and it may have side effects more than complications, like nausea or vomit after, but this also is really rare if some anti nausea medications are use, just before the anesthesia is started. In comparison, general anesthesia in a healthy patient is like flying in a commercial airline, where all safety protocols are check before the flight starts, and good maintenance is giving to all the planes, etc.

Ge

General anaesthesia is the safest form of anaesthesia for  rhinoplasty when undertaken by a specialist anaesthesiologist and in 15 years I have never seen an issue