Had revision rhinoplasty and want to know if my nose looks bigger now than it did right after surgery? (Photo)

I'm trying not to freak out yet but I think that my nose now (6.5 months post-op) doesn't look as defined, as "cute" and close to my face as it did weeks after surgery. Been doing research and learned that for people with oily and thick skin (which is me, i believe) it takes longer for the swelling to go down. The tip of my nose still feels hard to the touch and numb. Is it just me? Should I be starting to think about revision or give it time.

Had revision rhinoplasty and want to know if my nose looks bigger now than it did right after surgery?

Dear Kariam

In general, you should consider revision rhinoplasty if you have specific complaints. For example if your nose is over-projected, if your tip is too wide, if your dorsum is too high or too low. If you have specific complaints, then you can get a good outcome. You can discuss your current results with your surgeon and see if there were results that were discussed and not achieved. Also consider second opinions as warranted. The qualities of these photos makes it difficult to give you a fair and reasonable assessment as to where you are.

Look for an experienced and properly trained plastic surgeon, certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. See more than one consult and make a well informed decision.

Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Healing after Revision Rhinoplasty

The nose will continue to change for up to a year or more following a rhinoplasty.  The majority of the changes should be seen in the first week or two after surgery as the swelling resorbs.  Thicker skin tends to retain swelling and therefore will take longer to see the final results.  

Jill Hessler, MD
Palo Alto Facial Plastic Surgeon