Sciatica symptoms after mommy makeover

I had tt and ba 17 days ago. A week ago I noticed tingling, very mild pains, muscle twitching that would go from my butt to my toes when I sit or lay on my back. If I get up and walk around it goes away. Sitting on my butt is the most uncomfortable. No swelling, discoloration or temp difference in left leg. Stretching piriformis muscle helps. No pain when I raise my foot. Sciatic nerve compression from sitting during recovery or DVT symptoms? Waiting for a call back from my surgeon today.

Mommy makeover recovery

It sounds like it is from nerve compression, but it is wise to have it checked out by your surgeon.  Changing positions frequently may help.  You may also try using pillows to change the amount of pressure on certain areas.

Post op symptoms of sciatica

Your brief period of inactivity probably caused tightness in the pyriformis region as you suspect.  I imagine this is an area of susceptibility for you.  Glad you called your doctor to be safe.

David Marcus, MD
Santa Rosa Plastic Surgeon

Mommy make-over - sciatic nerve pain after a week

Thank you for asking about your mommy make-over.
  • I think your self-diagnosis is correct that this is nerve compression and muscle spasm from sitting
  • You have done the right thing by contacting your surgeon.
  • It does not sound like DVT - which typically is painless.
  • But your surgeon might want to be a duplex doppler ultrasound to be sure.
  • And you will need to change your position when you sit and either get massage or stretch the muscle frequently until the pain is gone and does not return.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS