Would the Femilift affect a urethral mesh sling or be contraindicated because I have it?

I had a stress incontinence problem and chose to have a urethral sling procedure about eight years ago, with good results but some lumpy tissue healing which is occasionally uncomfortable for my husband. I've seen two gynecologists and a urologist who have found nothing remarkable, no mesh erosion, and have prescribed Estrace cream, which I use three times a week, but the problem area remains. Do you think the Femilift might help correct it?

ThermiVa in your situation

Thank you for sharing.I actually have both devices and I love both treatments as they are both very effective.  However, when I have a patient with a prior sling/mesh then ThermiVa is my go to device.

Possible FemiLift after a mesh sling

From your question it appears there may be some scar tissue associated with the mesh sling.  I do not feel that Femilift will address this issue.  It is possible that a tiny resection of the mesh over the urethra could be done without compromising your results.  Hope this helps.

Your problem is the feel of the mesh and FemiLift is not designed to address this

You are describing one of the most common nuisance complaints associated with mesh slings - they are stiff and cause a "speed bump" effect with sex. This can only be fixed by removing the bump (the sling) and not by any nonsurgical maneuvers. If your sling is working well, you might be able to get away with a resection of the center of the sling without losing continence. The excised portion of sling could simply be removed or replaced with a dermal graft depending upon the quality of the native tissue.

Male discomfort with intercourse after suburethral mesh sling placement

It's always nice for a clinician to understand just what you wish to accomplish/what's the problem prior to recommending therapy. From your query, it appears that your problem is the occasional discomfort for your husband secondary to your suburethral sling/mesh placement. If that is the sole problem, then definitely "no," FemiLift will not help. However, I suspect that there may be additional things going on. My sincere advice is that you see a clinician in your Northern CA area (you may have to travel a bit to find just the right person!), who is savvy both in sexual medicine, has FemiLift capability, understands sub-urethral slings, and is a gynecologist who also is a genital plastic surgeon. The attached weblink gives you information about FemiLift; you might peruse the website for additional information...
Michael P Goodman MDDavis, CA, USA