I had gynecomastia surgery + lipo underneath the arms / sides. Any suggestions? (photos)

I'm very worried about the healing of the area underneath my arms. It seems like every other day, a hole opens up in that area. Both sides usually have a numbing feeling as well. I'm very limited as well as far as my flexibility is concerned. It's been 1 month since I had my surgery. Any info would be greatley appreciated.

Best to See Your Surgeon About Any Healing Concerns

Following #Gynecomastia #surgery, your incisions will go through a maturation #process. For the first few months they will be red and possibly raised and/or firm. As the scar matures, after 6-12 months, it becomes soft, pale, flat, and much less noticeable. You may experience numbness, tingling, burning, “crawling”, or other peculiar sensations around the surgical area. This is a result of the #healing of tiny fibers which are trapped in the incision site. These symptoms will disappear. Some people are prone to keloids, which is an abnormal scar that becomes prominent. If you or a blood relative has a tendency to keloid formation, please inform the doctor.Bruising and #swelling are normal and usually increase slightly after the removal of any tape or foam. The bruising will decrease over 3-4 weeks, but may last as long as 6 weeks. The majority of the swelling will be gone within the first 3-4 weeks. However, it may take 6-9 weeks to disappear completely. Each patient is unique as are both #healing and surgical #outcomes. With any surgical procedure, there are some risks which your doctor should always discuss with you during your consultation. If you have any concern about healing, its best to contact your plastic surgeon and schedule an appointment for an additional follow-up to be seen in person.

Poor healing

Thank you for the photos and story for the complications that you are having but an examination is needed with preop photos and operative note to give an adequate evaluation
Dr Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD