What's the cost for fat grafting to the breasts? How many procedures can I have?

I am 18 128 pounds and a size 30C. I am wondering on average how much a procedure of fat grafting to the breast costs and if you put fat aside for a second procedure will it be the same cost the second time around or less money. Also if you have more than one session of fat grafting on average how much of a permanent increase can i expect and if i use brava will i have even more of a permanent growth increase? And also how many procedures/sessions of fat grafting to the breast can i get.

I liposuction and fat transfer as much as possible at a single session.  A second session can add further volume if necessary.

Autologous Fat Breast Augmentation

My average Fat Transplant of 300 cc gives half a cup size increase in Breast Volume for an average sized individual with small or medium sized breasts. The exact degree of increase will depend on various factor but this should give you some idea. Brava use with Fat Transplant will certainly be helpful.

All The Best ! 

Ajaya Kashyap, MD
India Plastic Surgeon

Fat Grafting for Breast Enhancement?

The concept sounds appealing but results are inconsistent. Some surgeons have demonstrated real, although in most cases, pretty subtle increases in breast size. 

For most women it will require two or more fat grafting sessions to achieve a modest (one cup size) breast enlargement.

Saving fat for a second procedure is unproven, and when one thinks about it, is a ridiculous concept. In order for fat transfer to be effective, healthy living fat cells must be harvested from one part of the body and then carefully (so as to maintain the viability of the fat cells) transferred to a new location and then survive where they have been transplanted. There are multiple places in this process when the fat cells can die and thus fail to do anything positive. If fat cells reside outside of body for more than an hour or two (and thus not in contact with oxygen and nutrients to maintain viability), they will die. Transferring dead fat cells at a later date is of no benefit.

The Brava device can enhance the overall results by allowing for potentially greater increase in amount of fat transfer per session, and potentially enhancing the percentage of fat cell survival. 

Finding sufficient donor site fat is often a limitation for this procedure, and aggressive harvesting of donor area fat has the potential to create donor site deformity.

Costs are likely to be highly variable because it is not a standardized procedure.

Fat transfers to the breasts questions

The costs will usually vary (at least in my practice) from patient to patient depending on how much fat we are harvesting, how many areas we are harvesting from and where those areas are. You can do just about as many sessions you need, as long as you have enough fat to harvest and if your breasts can accommodate more fat. The more transfer sessions you do, the more volume you can achieve.  Most surgeons (including me) will tell you that you should not expect more than a 1 cup size increase in volume with the initial procedure. The more breast tissue you have to begin with, the less tight your breast skin envelope is, the more you can transfer to your breasts and the better chance for graft take. The Brava bra has been shown to give very modest increase in volume by itself, but it can also be used prior to fat transfers to the breasts to help expand the skin and allow for more room in your breasts for us to transfer the fat.  It does require many more months to incorporate this into the operative plan and certainly more costs.  It's also not easy or practical for most patients to wear the Brava bra constantly and consistently.  The fat that survives the transfer to the breasts will live and act that fat in other parts of your body. If you gain enough weight, your breasts may enlarge. If you lose enough weight, they may shrink (but may enlarge again when you gain weight again). So it's best in my opinion to perform the procedure when you are at your anticipated baseline weight (where you think you will be long term) so you will see what your new "natural" breast size will be after your procedure (when you are at your baseline weight). Having said that, nothing really is "permanent." Best wishes.

Fat injections

Even with the brava system, I have yet to see decent results.   Every time I answer a question such as yours I am reminded of the patients who have had this done by other surgeons, are unhappy, and want to get their money back.  Don't become one of those women!  It may sound like a good idea, and some surgeons are good at selling it.  Believe me, it's a loser.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Planning breast fat grafting

Thank you for your question about breast fat grafting.

• On average you will gain a half a cup size per fat grafting of 250 cc of fat..
  • It may take several sessions
  • Brava increases breast blood flow and space for the transplants and is strongly recommended because it increases fat transplant survival
  • Brava provides by itself a little permanent breast increase

Always consult a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Hope you find this information helpful. Best wishes.

Fat grafting

Thank you for your question and fees vary from office to office but you may find multiple sessions of fat grafting more expensive then a traditional breast augmentation 

Dr Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD