Abdomen pain. I need a medicine!

I did coolsculpting in the abdomen 5 days ago and I have a lot of pain. My doctor told me not to take analgesics or anti-inflammatories. I need something to help.

Pain after CS

Pain after CS is well described and is temporary in most cases.  I recommend that my patients first try NSAIDS such as ibuprofen or tylenol.  If this does not suffice, I prescribe Neurontin for a couple of weeks.  Discuss these ideas with your doctor.

Alternative analgesic and anti-inflammatory

There are effective alternatives to traditional analgesics and anti-inflammatories. Arnica montana is a natural anti-inflammatory and Hypericum perforatum is a natural analgesic that can be used after all invasive and non-invasive procedures. They shorten the healing time and reduce discomfort. They can be taken together and combined with Neurontin after CoolSculpting if the pain is more severe.

Jeff Lester, DO
San Jose Physician

Neurontin helps with discomfort after CS

Hi romina45.  Some patients get comfort from either warm or cold compresses to the area.  In my experience, using Neurontin has been successful-it does not work immediately unfortunately & does take a few days for the levels to be adequate to give relief.  Hope you feel better soon!

Coolsculpting and pain

Pain is to be expected after CoolSculpting. It should be fine to take Motrin or Tylenol to help alleviate this mild discomfort.  If discomfort persists I would recommend following up with your treating physician for further evaluation and treatment. Good luck with your recovery.

Michelle Ellern, DO
Livingston Physician

Pain after Coolsculpting Treatment

Some temporary pain and tenderness in the treatment area is common with Coolsculpting, especially at the abdomen. The tenderness is most likely due to nerve injury and inflammation. I recommend that my patients wear compression and take an anti inflammatory to help with the pain. There is also a medication called Neurontin that can help with the nerve pain. I recommend consulting with your Coolsculpting provider on the best treatment for this. Best of luck!

Michael E. Ciaravino, MD

Pain after Coolsculpt

I see no reason that you can't take tylenol and ibuprofen for this. If that doesn't improve the symptoms, see your provider.

Andrew Campbell, M.D.

Quintessa Aesthetic Centers

Andrew Campbell, MD
Milwaukee Facial Plastic Surgeon

Pain after CoolSculpting

Hello and thank you for your question. For late onset pain we usually give Gabapentin, but I recommend to call your Doctor and ask him.

Best.

Coolsculpting discomfort

In my office if patients get this type of discomfort we like to give them a prescription for lidocaine patches and encourage anti-inflammatories like Aleve or Motrin (if they can tolerate them).  Every practice is different.  Please follow up with your provider again.  This type of discomfort, on the norm, will improve and dissipate by week 2 or 3.  Hope this helps.  

Grant Stevens, MD

Help for Pain After Coolsculpting

I recommend following up with your Dr. about prescription medication: oral prednisone, oral neurontin and diuretics all seem to help. Lymphatic massage is also useful if you can tolerate it. It should resolve in 6-8 weeks. Best, Dr. Emer

Pain after Coolsculpting

It is possible to have pain post Coolsculpting. My suggestion is to contact your clinician to see if a prescription for Neurontin (Gabapentin) can be given to you. This is the suggested medication that can help with pain associated with Coolsculpting. I hope this helps.

Steven H. Dayan, MD
Chicago Facial Plastic Surgeon