Scar tissue removal? (Photo)

Have scar tissue just above my right eyebrow as a result of an injury many years ago. Have tried many things including botox but of no help. In fact made it worst. What is the best way to deal with scar tissue?

Scar on Face -- Lasers, Microneedling/PRP, Subcision, Fillers

This can be treated with a series of lasers and injections. I suggest you see an expert in scarring and laser dermatology.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Scar tissue treatment

Thank you for your photo. Scar tissue can be treated both surgically and non-surgically. Non-surgical treatments include microneedling and lasers which break up the scar tissue and allow your body to remodel and regenerate new collagen to replace the old scar. Surgical treatments include direct excision or subcision and fat grafting to soften the area and improve the skin texture. Botox will not affect scar tissue. It's action of mechanism is to prevent nerves from stimulating muscle movement and does not have any effect on skin or collagen. Hope this helps!
Johnson C. Lee, MDPlastic Surgery

Johnson C. Lee, MD
Beverly Hills Physician

Scar treatment

Thanks for your question. From your photo this appears to be a hypertrophic scar though I can't be sure there is not a stromal as well. In all likelihood you would do best with a fractional resurfacing procedure (ex. Laser skin resurfacing) ****BUT**** you have a darker skin type so BEFORE you pursue any heat based (laser) procedure or a deep peel you MUST precondition your skin for a minimum of 6 weeks with several tropicals  ( retinol, retina A, hydroqinone) OR you will run a high risk of Hypopigmentation  (white spots) which can be permanent or Hyperpigmentation will can be difficult to treat. 

Lisa Vuich, MD

Lisa Vuich, MD
Nashua Physician