Numbness and swelling & smart lipo?

I had upper and lower smart lipo along with upper back and flanks on 11/21. I noticed that my privates (Libia) is swollen, is this normal? Also my whole front still feels like it's numb and heavy. What should I do?

Normal healing process

The lumpiness, swelling, itching and hardness after a surgery like you had typically persists at least 8 weeks after the surgery then slowly goes away. In my experience, daily massage of the hard areas makes the biggest difference in getting rid of it sooner rather than later. Staying away from salt will make a big difference in swelling. It can easily take 6 months or more to see results. Be sure to keep any scheduled follow up appointments you have with your surgeons for his evaluation and advice. Hope this helps.

Dean Vistnes, M.D. 

Vistnes Plastic Surgery 

San Francisco Bay Area

#liposuction #drdeanvistnes #realself

Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Post Liposuction Pain/ Swelling -- Start Venus Legacy, Vanquish, Exilis Ultra, Massage, Cellutone/Z Wave

Numbness and swelling are normal for weeks to months after liposuction.  Oral neurontin helps.  You should be getting lymphatic massage, hyperbaric oxygen, and radiofrequency treatments like vanquish, exilis and venus legacy at this time.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Swollen labia after smart lipo of the belly

Fluid travels down the body after lipo and sometimes causes swelling in the genital area. Usually this improves if you lay down with your pelvis slightly raised with a few pillows. See your surgeon to make sure your compression garment fits properly and go for massages to get the fluid out faster.

Smart lipo swelling

Thank you for your question. It is common to have swelling and numbness after liposuction. It is not uncommon to have swelling in pubic area after lipo to abdomen. With time both swelling and numbness will improve. Please follow instructions from your surgeon.