I had filler done and Botox, why do I not see much difference? (Photo)

Hi I had Botox and filler done yesterday for my frown lines and around my mouth. She used one surenge of Juvederm, she was going to use two surenges but said come back in two weeks so if it works immediately why not much difference and why wait two weeks? I will attach picture. Thanks much

Botox does not work immediately.

Botox does not work immediately. It can take 5-7 days to begin to see results, with full results being seen at two weeks. If you are unhappy with the amount of filler you received, go back in two weeks as suggested to have more put in. Good luck.

San Diego Dermatologist

Products Work With One Another

Thanks for your question. Although I can't say for sure why your injector advised you to wait 2 weeks, my guess is that she wanted to see how your results develop. While JUVEDERM creates instant results, BOTOX does not. She may have wanted to give the BOTOX ample time to take effect to see how it complements or interacts with the JUVEDERM. I hope this helped to clear things up!

Mark E. Freeman, MD
Idaho Falls Plastic Surgeon

Botox effect

Botox effect does not start immediately. You start seeing some effect at 2-3 days and full response in about a week. You clearly have strong frown lines and the standard dose (20 units for Botox, 50 for dysport) may actually not be enough for you to achieve ideal result. But you should wait at least 10 days before reevaluating it.

Andrew Pichler, MD
Sacramento Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox and Fillers

Hello and thank you for your questions. Botox will typically begin to "kick in" after 4-7 days, but some may see results earlier. The full effect is usually seen after 7-10 days so additional injections are usually given at 2 weeks. Botox typically lasts 3-4 months, and after that it begins to slowly wear off. The injection of filler should be seen immediately, but you may need more if you are not happy with the amount placed during your first session. 2 weeks is a great time for a follow-up. Best of luck.

Benjamin J. Cousins MD

Benjamin J. Cousins, MD
Miami Beach Plastic Surgeon

I had filler done and Botox, why do I not see much difference?

You need to wait at least 7-10 days to have an impression of the final result, up to 14 days in some cases. 

Richard Zienowicz, MD
Providence Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for your question and photos.  Botox usually takes about 3 days before you start to see it's effect and may be as long as a week.  It is too soon to see it's effect.  But, normally, Botox has excellent results with the frown lines.  If after two weeks, you still do not seen any decrease in movement or relaxation of the muscle, you may need more units of Botox or a different brand/competitor of Botox.  Sometimes, patients feel they have a better result with Dysport or Xeomin - both used exactly the same as Botox to soften and relax facial lines.  I hope this helps!

Natalie Attenello, MD

Glabellar treatment with Botox and filler

It takes Botox about 7 days to see it's full effect. You need to wait for that. The filler should be seen immediately and it you aren't happy with the results, its probably related to not enough filler. I agree to wait the 2 weeks and go back for follow up. Remember the glabella is at risk for vascular compromise with filler but that would happen immediately. See link.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Botox and Fillers

Based on the pictures you've posted, I do not believe that Botox and fillers will provide you with a significant improvement and certainly not longterm. I would suggest consulting a facial plastic surgeon for review of surgical options including brow lift and wedge excision of the frontalis and glabellar muscles which involves subcision and release of deep scar tissue.

Edwin Ishoo, MD
Cambridge Facial Plastic Surgeon

May need more

The Botox will kick in over the next few days and will be really maximum at about 2 weeks.  You can discuss with your doc more filler which will help as deeper lines need more.

Botox and Juvederm

I can see from the photos that you would require more than one syringe of Juvederm and perhaps the physician did not explain what would be realistic with one syringe.  When the lines are deep it takes a great deal of product which is very costly.  Please consult a board certified dermatologist with experience with cosmetic injections.  Best, Dr. Green