How much is a breast lift with implants?

Hi I had a consultation for a breast lift and he showed me pictures and the ones I liked were with implants. He quoted me 18,500 I would like to know if that is the average cost? Thanks much

Mastopexy augmentation procedure costs #plasticsurgery

The price quote for combined augmentation and breast lift will vary based on a number of factors - surgeon experience with this technically challenging procedure is important and the price will reflect that.

How Much Is a Breast Lift with Implants in the San Francisco Bay Area?

9-13,000 seems to be the range depending on if the implants are gel or saline. Overall prices include the implants, facility and anesthesia costs.  The Bay Area is more expensive than many other parts of the country. As everyone has pointed out, it is the credentials and experience of your sugeon that are paramount and an operation like mastopexy augmentation has the highest revision rate among cosmetic breast procedures, as well as a higher risk of problems with blood supply to the nipple areola than doing the operations separately. Board-certification in plastic surgery is the basic pre-requisite, then having a surgeon who is comfortable and experienced doing this combined procedure. 18,500 is definitely on the high side, and you can find many plastic surgeons that will not charge that much. But the plastic surgeon that charges 18,500 may be really qualified. However, you need to evaluate a number of plastic surgeons and do not assume that because someone charges more they are necessarily going to give you a better result than someone charging less.

Robert M. Lowen, MD
Mountain View Plastic Surgeon

Costs of procedures

You can simply contact doctor's offices to get rough estimates of complete costs (OR, ANES, Implant, Surgeon fees, etc) so you can truly compare apples to apples.  Some offices don't like to give this out and if so, scratch them off your list since they don't have transparency.  Once you get the numbers, look into the credentials the surgeons have and then choose a few to consult with and by then, it should be pretty clear as to who would work best with you.  If you decided to hit the road, you would have to spend the night here and decide if you are comfortable with the distance you have to travel for post-op follow-up and potential complications.

Curtis Wong, MD

Hello Julsm88,Aesthetic Breast Lift surgical results depend primarily on Surgeon Experience and the correct implant size, model and shape. Although costs vary widely from patient to patient and from region to region, in my area a breast Lift with implants when performed by a BOARD CERTIFIED PLASTIC SURGEON usually ranges from $4,900 to $5,900 USD. I suggest that you make sure that you will be getting implants that are approved by the FDA and that you see before and after pictures of the surgeons actual work. I hope that I was able to answer your question.

Jaime Caloca, Jr., MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for the question. When it comes to cost of surgery, there may be many “variables” involved. The specific surgeon's credentials/experience level (or lack thereof), the specific geographic area you are looking at, the different operations available, the location of the procedure ( quality of surgery facility), type/quality of anesthesia provider, type of breast implants… are some of the potential variables involved. You will find average costs of surgery listed on this website, and on individual plastic surgeon's websites as well.

In regards to outcome of the planned procedure, more important than costs of the procedures will be careful selection of your plastic surgeon. I would suggest starting with the American Society of Plastic Surgery and/or the Aesthetic Society of Plastic Surgery to obtain a list of well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons. Then, I would suggest you visit a few surgeons whose practices concentrate on aesthetic surgery. ***Ask to SEE lots of examples of their work AND preferably speak/see patients who have had similar procedures done. Be very careful with your decision-making. You will find, while doing your due diligence, that there are many different “specialties” who will offer their services to you; again, I strongly recommend you concentrate on surgeons certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.  

I would also suggest that you do not base your selection of plastic surgeon primarily on costs of surgery; keep in mind that revisionary surgery may be more costly in many ways.  I hope this, and the attached link, helps. Best wishes.

Breast Lift / Breast Augmentation/ Breast Implants/ Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants

I appreciate your question. Cost varies by geographic location, surgeon expertise, OR time, anesthesia, length of procedure etc.  I would recommend that you go to The American Society of Plastic Surgery website and look for a list of board certified plastic surgeons in your area.  You can call their offices in advance and ask for quotes prior to scheduling consultations. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon #RealSelfCORESurgeon