I recently had Botox and filler - what do you think of the results? I think I should have had better results. (Photo)

I had 30 units of Botox and a little bit of filler for my frown lines. I also had one Surenge of Juvederm around my mouth, I went back a week later and she gave me one more Surenge of Juvederm around my mouth because I could still see wrinkles, then went back again because I still wasn't happy and you could also see my frown lines pretty bad so she just gave me three units of Botox complimentary and told me she couldn't give me any more Botox for my frown lines or Juvederm

Botox and fillers

Thank you for your question and photos. You had really deep frown lines which will not go away immediately after treatment. The filler helps some. Botox prevents the muscles to contract and will allow th e skin to gradually smooth out over time. But you will need to continue with the Botox to prevent the muscles to recuperate. As to the fillers around the mouth comparison with a pre treatment photo would help.

Sacramento Facial Plastic Surgeon

Facial Injections with Botox and Juvederm

Thanks for you question and photos. You look great. It is hard to make specific comments on your treatment without knowing what was done and what you looked like prior to your treatment. Having said that, you eyes look nice and open with is typically a good result from Botox injected into the Crow's feet. To be fully volumized, patients typically need more than one syringe of Juvederm. Full facial volumization usually requires mid face injections with fillers like Voluma. I suggest you follow up with your injector or consult a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon with experience in facial injections to discuss future injections. All the best.

Botox and Juvederm

Thank you for your question. It seems as though you may have needed additional syringes. Depending on each person’s face and their expectations, the amount of syringes may vary. I would consider getting a second opinion from a qualified physician so that they may review the results in person. Good Luck!

Bruce E. Katz, MD

Facial Sculpting Using Fillers Like Voluma, Radiesse, Lyft, Juvederm and Sculptra and Fat

I am not sure what you looked like before but I am sure the results are good.  However, given your facial structure, aging, and volume loss/wrinkling it is likely you need much more than 1-2 syringes of product for "optimal correction." This is when I would move towards using fat as a volumizer and getting laser treatments for wrinkling.  You are a facelift candidate but ultherapy or thermage can be used to help tighten if you are not wanting surgery.  I suggest more fillers to lift the brows, improve under eyes, tighten the jawline, improve the lips and lift more in the cheeks.  Please see an expert.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Botox and juvederm

Hello and thank you for your question. It is difficult to judge your results without seeing your "before" photos. If you are unhappy with your results, seek a second opinion.

Kiran Polavarapu, MD
Fort Worth Plastic Surgeon

Botox and filler results

It's difficult to determine whether you have had a reasonable result without a comparison "before" picture. Based on your description of what you received it seems that you had botox for your frown lines in the forehead and Juvederm for the smile lines around the mouth. From your photographs you do have a heavier brow/forehead area, and this can lead to some stubborn "eleven lines" in the forehead. Botox will help this area, but you may require one or two more treatments to help with these deeper etched in lines. The botox you received should help prevent these lines from getting any deeper by relaxing the underlying muscle.

Some patients who have persistent, deep furrows in this area require additional filler to really smooth things out.

For the lines around your mouth, I would say you would not require any more filler to these lines specifically. More filler here will just lead to a heavier appearance around the lines. However, what you may benefit from would be mid-facial filler to provide more of a lifting effect.

Hope this helps!

Haena Kim, MD
Walnut Creek Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox - disappointing result in frown lines

Thank you for asking about your Botox.

• Without a before photo, one can't say what improvement you have had.
  • It can take several treatment sessions to figure out the right amount of Botox for each area.
  • One needs to know who treated you - doctor? Nurse? Hair salon? Spa?
  • You may have had too little Botox, Botox that isn't concentrated enough or Botox that was left out and lost its activity.
  • An occasional person is truly resistant to Botox - 
  • Or you may have had a good Botox result - but with lines remaining that will soften with time.
  • If you were not treated by a plastic surgeon, ENT or Dermatologist specializing in cosmetic treatments, then consider one next time.
  • Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Hope you find this information helpful. Best wishes.

Results from Botox and Juvederm

You bring up  a number of issues but without a before picture it is impossible to really evaluate the results. as far as limits to the amount of material there really isn't as far as your health but you don't want to be overcorrected. it sounds like you are not happy with your injector so it never hurts to get a second opinion. take your before pictures if you do and be sure to see a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon

Melvin Elson, MD
Nashville Dermatologist

Amount of product...

Thank you for your question.   Please forward before pictures.  With the amount of product you received you likely received results that are to be expected.  It is important to be evaluated by a board certified Dermatologist/PS who can adequately assess you and determine the proper treatments that will be effective for you including amount of product to be used.  You will require combination therapy for both volume replacement and laxity.  Regards, Dr. Matt Elias

Matthew Elias, DO, FAAD
Fort Lauderdale Dermatologic Surgeon

Good results for the amount of product

Based on your photos, I think you received a good result for the amount of Juvederm that was used.  That being said, I think you should have a conversation with an expert who can listen to your goals and make accurate recommendations regarding the amount of product that would be needed to achieve what you think is a desirable result.  Often it is a combination of products that can "lift" the cheeks such as Sculptra, Voluma, Lyft or Radiesse, and products that we "fill wrinkles" with such as Juvederm, Restylane. Finally, the measure of whether you need more botox is not the amount that was injected but rather the amount of muscle activity that needs to be relaxed.  You have a very strong glabella, and therefore require more Botox than others.  If you still have a lot of movement, an additional 15-20 units may be needed. If you do not have movement anymore but are still seeing lines, then the Botox is working but because the wrinkles have been there for a very long time it will take time for the lines to soften.  In this circumstance, sometimes fillers (restylane or Juvederm) are used in that area but there is a risk of blindness when fillers have been injected there (albeit small, but several reports) , so it is my preference to maximize botox and over time the skin does recover especially with laser treatments and good skin care.
I hope this helps!
Dr. Quenby Erickson