Issue with necrosis from overtightening tummy tuck. (Photo)

Question about how long it will take to heal it has been debrided and it is 4.5 weeks post opp. It is 1 inch wide and .75 inches tall on left skin flap incision line above pubic region. See attached photos. Also any ideas to speed up healing?

This will seal up remarkably

Thanks for your question and the photo. So sorry for the delayed healing. You will be amazed at how it will come together. It will just be a nuisance for a while. Hard to predict timing but 6-8 weeks before it is sealed would be my guess. There are wound care centers that can sometimes expedite the healing. you don't need hyperbaric treatments. Best of Luck!

Wound Care for Abdominal Incision

Photos aren't sufficient for assessing wounds but this appears to be healing well. Removing dead tissues and following up closely with your Plastic Surgeon for proper wound care is your best option.

All the best

Tummy tuck result

Thanks for your inquiry and sorry for your struggles.  It may take a over a month, but continue good wound care and it should heal.  Follow up with your surgeon closely, good luck Dr Rumalla

TT with wound

Thank you for your question. I am sorry about the complication. Look like it si going in right direction. Any necrotic tissue removal may hasten healing. It will take several weeks for this to heal. Please follow instructions from your PS

Wound after tummy tuck...

I am sorry to hear about the complication you are experiencing.  These types of complications can be quite distressing to patients;  unfortunately, sometimes the wounds do look worse before they begin to look better.

Close follow up with your plastic surgeon will be in your best interests; sometimes removal of a exposed suture and/or removal of any unhealthy tissue will expedite healing.  Sometimes, for larger wounds than yours, the use of a " vacuum assisted device" (VAC) may be very helpful.  

Wound care regimens will differ from one plastic surgeon to another. Generally, this will involve application of some type of sterile dressing ( in my practice I use a non-stick dressing covered by a sterile dressing). You should have peace of mind that these types of wound healing problems generally go on to heal over the course of the next several weeks, often without long-term sequelae.  Sometimes (depending on the width of the open wound and the appearance of the scar in the longer term), scar revision surgery may be helpful down the line. 

Also important to concentrate on a healthy diet, including good protein source.  Best to "occupy your mind" yourself with activities that you enjoy; wound healing can be slow and potentially frustrating to patients.  Best wishes.

Issue with necrosis from overtightening tummy tuck

I can't say necessarily that your tummy tuck was over tighten. It certainly does not look that way from your photo. The area that is open appears to be healing well. This will take several weeks to heal and there is no special cream or treatment that can accelerate this process. Continue to follow up with your surgeon and follow his instructions.