I would like to know the odds of my umbilical hernia tearing after 15 almost 16 years. (photo)

I'm currently 21 years old, when I was 6 years old I had an umbilical hernia repaired surgically. While changing my belly button ring I noticed clear liquid coming from my belly button. It's sore and I did see a scratch but the liquid isn't coming from the scratch it's coming from deep inside my belly button. There is no smell just liquid and it drys sticky.

Infection from a belly button piercing

The first step would be to remove the piercing and see if the issue resolves itself. The source of the fluid can be the piercing. Best, Dr. KaramanoukianLos Angeles

Drainage from the belly button?

Thank you for your question and photo.  No online reviewer can make a diagnosis or treatment recommendation without a complete medical history and examination.  Clear drainage from your belly button should be brought to the attention of your physician.  Good luck.

David J. Wages, MD
Peabody Plastic Surgeon