Can't breathe after rhinoplasty. Did the technique used impact my results?

I had a septuplasty & rhinoplasty last week. It's too early to say whether either were successful but I am nervous. I am very swollen and can't breathe at all through either nostril. My surgeon accessed my nose via my upper gum line. Was his technique appropriate?

1 week post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire.

Swelling after a rhinoplasty depends of the surgery complexity. In this regard, the nasal swelling Post-op It can last from two weeks to two months. To reduce this swelling, I recommend you perform delicates daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the face (around the nose) avoid sun exposure, and take pain/inflamation pills, as your surgeron precribe you.

Kind regards

Early trouble breathing

It is very common to have difficulty breathing this soon after surgery.  

Accessing the nose through the mouth is very rare, but can be used for certain specific maneuvers. Typically this is in conjunction with a more standard transcolumellar incision. 

Jon Kurkjian, MD
Fort Worth Plastic Surgeon

Can't breathe after rhinoplasty

It may be difficult to breathe one week after rhinoplasty due to swelling. I would recommend consulting with your surgeon about the surgery. In regards to the technique, I would need more information. Was it done as a solitary procedure or with an orthognathic surgery?

Jose E. Barrera, MD, FACS
San Antonio Facial Plastic Surgeon