Would Restylane be best to get rid of the creases under eyes and around mouth, or Voluma? (photos)

Dark Circles, Eyelid Wrinkles/Bags -- Restylane/Belotero/Voluma with Cannulas, Clear+Brilliant, Eclipse Micropen, Viva

I suggest a combination of lasers, fillers and microneedling.  I suggest you see an expert who treats this area often.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Restylane Silk

Hi.  Voluma is more designed for lifting the cheeks.  It's not the right product for delicate areas like the lower eyelids.  For that area, I would recommend the newer Restylane Silk product, rather than standard Restylane.

Eyes- I would use Restylane

Restylane is a really nice product to work with around the eye area, however Juvederm Volbella is another product I frequently use. 

Around the mouth area, where you want some structure and support, I personally would use Juvederm Voluma or Volift. The only time I use Restylane around this area is to help hydrate the skin around the mouth, and treat very fine lines. 

All the best

Dr Davin Lim
Laser Dermatologist
Brisbane

Davin Lim, MBBS, FACD
Brisbane Dermatologist

Would Restylane be best to get rid of the creases under eyes and around mouth, or Voluma?

Thank you for your question. Restylane is a hyaluronic acid filler that provides excellent results to eliminate dark circles and creases under the eyes. This is a non-invasive procedure and the results last for up to 9 months. There is no downtime associated with this procedure and patients leaving the office looking refreshed. If you’re looking to rejuvenate the lines around the mouth, Juvederm is the best option to fill in vertical lines above the lips, in addition to marionette lines, which are the lines that run from the side of the lips down to the chin.

Ariel Ostad, MD

Restylane or Voluma

Both Restylane and Voluma are great fillers for restoring volume and lessening folds.  Voluma tends to be injected in the cheeks and jawline to create structure; Restylane and Juvederm are better fillers for lines and folds; however, these fillers can also be used to create volume.  Choice of filler is dependent on multiple factors such as the amount of volume loss, skin elasticity, and desired outcome.  Often multiple syringes and different types of fillers will be used for optimal results.  Make sure to consult with an expert injector and have a frank discussion about expectations before proceeding with injectable treatments.

Kyle Coleman, MD
New Orleans Dermatologic Surgeon

Filler for different parts of the face

Hi there,

Restylane and Voluma are both great products, but I would recommend them for different areas. 

I would recommend using Restylane for under the eye and the lines between the nose and lips. 
While I recommend Voluma for the cheeks. 

Restylane and Voluma are both hyaluronic acids. Voluma has more crosslinking between the hyaluronic acid particles. Because of that Voluma is longer lasting and causes more of a lift.

Ask your injector what they recommend.
Good luck! From your photos I think your will have a fantastic result

Myriam Loyo, MD
Portland Facial Plastic Surgeon

Fillers for under eye area and around the mouth

There are several different fillers that are used for different parts of the face depending on the result that is desired. For under the eyes/tear trough (hollowing or shadowing under the eyes), Restylane is a great choice. In your case, there is an obvious malar defect under the eyes, which may be best resolved with Voluma. For the lines around your mouth, or what we call the nasolabial folds, Restylane (classic) or Restylane LYFT (previously known as Perlane) are great options as well. Your physician may decide to build your cheek as another method to soften the nasolabial folds, which can be accomplished with Voluma or Restylane LYFT. 

As you can see, there are several options depending on the result you want to achieve and the area you want to specifically target. 

Maryam Nazemzadeh, MD
McLean Oculoplastic Surgeon

Restylane is best for under-eyes

Thank you for asking your question and posting your photo. Restylane is the best product for use under the eyes (tear troughs), but most fillers can be used for the smile lines and cheeks. If a large volume is required, Voluma is better. Make sure to have an injector experienced with many products perform your treatment. Good luck.

Restylane to treat lines

Restylane is a fabulous product to treat the tear troughs, and the nasolabial folds and I use Restylane Silk for the fine lines around the mouth.  Voluma is fabulous for the mid face and adds volume and corrects some of the wrinkles under the lower eye as well.  Please consult with an expert injector for the best cosmetic results. 

Restylane

Thanks for your question and photo. Restylane works well for the corners of the mouth, tear trough (under eye area), the lip lines above the lips, and the nasolabial folds that extend from the nose to the corners of them mouth.

German Newall, MD