Do I need a breast lift with implants?

I would like to restore volume in my breasts after breastfeeding 2 babies. I definitely want implants my question is Would I need a lift as well? And what type? Trying to see how much this might cost. Thank you I have asymetry & have always had wide apart spacing.

Do I need a lift with implants

The short answer is yes.  The lift will re-position your nipple higher and the implant will give you some of the upper pole fullness that you lost.   You would need to have a standard lift that will leave you with a scar around your nipple, vertical scare below your nipple to the fold and a horizontal scar under your breast.  You should get a great result.  Doing the implants alone will give you a larger version of what you don't like. 

La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

A lift is needed

if you want a lot of upper pole fullness or perky appearing breasts.  You do not want to lower your fold at all as your breasts already sit low on your chest.  If you just had an augmentation alone, its very likely your nipples will continue to have the 'low lights' look but if you can tolerate that, then a lift is not needed.  So it really comes down to what you want.

Curtis Wong, MD

Breast Lift with Implants - To Lift or Not To Lift? That is the Question. Here is One Answer.

Thank you for your question about Breast Lift with Implants. Thank you for pictures.  The answer is, "It depends."

Breast implants will restore volume loss; a breast lift will restore perkiness.  A breast lift is not "required", but you may want one if achieving near perfect symmetry is an important goal for you.  If you only get a lift on one side, then you will have scars on one breast and not the other.  It's completely up to you.

I will say that if you pick large breast implants, then I would recommend submuscular and a lift to avoid the breast implants from dropping into the extra skin and getting the proverbial "rock-in-a-sock" situation. Without a lift, rippling is also a higher risk.

To be sure what might be best for you, see two or more experienced, board-certified Plastic Surgeons in your area for a complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have surgery.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Do I need a breast with implants?

Thank you for your question and photos. Yes you need a vertical lift with your augmentation. This will reshape your breasts, downsize your nipple/areolar complexes and places them to a higher more aesthetic position. You can expect a very nice and long lasting result. See a board certified plastic surgeon for an in person consultation/evaluation. Good luck.

I appreciate your question.

From your photos, it appears that you would benefit from a breast lift along with implants.  A breast lift would reposition your nipples and reshape your breasts, giving them a more youthful appearance.  

Cost varies by geographic location, surgeon expertise, OR time, anesthesia, length of procedure etc. I would recommend that you go to The American Society of Plastic Surgery website and look for a list of board certified plastic surgeons in your area. You can call their offices in advance and ask for quotes prior to scheduling consultations.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

best of luck!

Dr Schwartz
Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute

Breast lift + implants

It looks like a breast lift with augmentation will give you the best results. Performing both procedures will give you the lift and perkiness you are looking for. I would need to examine you in person to tell you exactly what surgical technique and implant size I would recommend for your surgery. The cost of a breast lift + augmentation varies depending on the surgeon's experience and expertise, and the exact procedures that need to be done. I recommend consulting in person with a board certified plastic surgeon to get more definite price quotes. Good luck!

Jimmy S. Firouz, MD

Breast lift and implants

You would likely have a very nice result with implants and a breast lift.

Simultaneous lift / implant surgery has a higher chance of needing a touch-up down the line, although they are almost always done together.

Costs vary from surgeon to surgeon depending on experience, geographic location, and other factors.  You may also find that the proposed surgical plans are quite different from surgeon to surgeon as well, so it's often a good idea to have several consultations.  The right plan should be quite simple and make sense.

Brent Moelleken, MD

Breast Lift or Implants

Hello and thank you for sharing your question and photos.

It does appear to me that you would need a lift with implants.  It will provide a very natural perkiness to your breasts that should last quite a while if you are finished having babies.  The scars are hidden within bathing suit tops and bras.  They heal quite well and fade over several years

The type of lift really depends on an examination in an office.  Probably either a lollipop scar or anchor scar.
Ask your plastic surgeon to see pictures of his or her work to be sure the scars look ok.

I do believe you will see improved symmetry in regards to shape and volume as well as seeing a smaller space between the breasts. 

Good luck to you.

Robert J. Spies, MD
Paradise Valley Plastic Surgeon

Augmentation Mastopexy to Treat Ptosis From Pregnancy and Breastfeeding

An ideal #candidate for a #BreastLift (#Mastopexy) surgery are women who have #sagging breasts due to past pregnancies and #breastfeeding; both which increase breast #ptosis. Also, when many women lose #weight, their breasts lose weight as well. There may also be some sagging of their breasts due to the weight change. These women are potential candidates for a breast lift.

A #mastopexy or breast lift operation is designed to improve the shape and position of the breast without reducing their size. Those with breast #sagging or #ptosis experience improvements with the surgery. Also, the procedure can also be combined with a minor breast reduction to reduce the breast width if desired as well. It's during this procedure, the nipple and areolae can be corrected, if necessary, to the desired size and at the correct height.
Some patients will achieve a better result by increased the fullness often lost with child-bearing, with the addition of an #implant with the mastopexy, known as Augmentation Mastopexy. In regards to implants alone, this is usually said to be mistake by patients reflecting back at the decision. Most breasts will look larger and more droopy with solely implants. They will sag more and sooner, due to the sudden and excess weight. At times it's possible for a “Snoopy” breast or double bubble to develop as a result. All in all, an elevated, more youthful breast can be a satisfying result for the patient.

The #costs of #procedures depends on several factors. Such as geographic location, the skill and experience of the surgeon, and operating room and anesthesia fees. Also, different breast implants may have different costs. The approximate costs can be found here on the Real Self website,, or
Your procedures should be performed by a #PlasticSurgeon who is board-certified and has a great deal of experience specializing in cosmetic #surgery. You will then greatly improve your chances of getting the result you desire, and, without the need for a revision surgery. It is suggested that you look at before and after photos of the surgeons actual patients, and read patient reviews. Gathering all of this information will help you make a well-informed decision.

Do I need a breast lift with implants?

Thank you for your question.  Based on your photos which show breast sagging and lack of upper pole fullness, you would be a good candidate for a breast lift with implants.  Implants should be placed under the muscle in a dual plane and the breast lift technique would likely be vertical (lollipop).  The lift can also adjust the areola size and shape and improve overall symmetry.  Be sure to consult with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon.  Good luck!

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS