Brazilian butt lift and tummy tuck.

I know for sure I need both tummy tuck & bbl. my question is which one can I do first? Or can I do both? If so how much am I looking at?

Brazilian butt lift and tummy tuck

Loss of skin elasticity and skin sagging occurs due to effects of gravity over time. These problems can be seen in any part of body but especially in abdominal area. Tummy tuck (abdominoplasty) is a surgical procedure to make the abdomen thinner and more firm. It consists of removing excess skin and fat tissue and muscle repairing if required. In some patients it can be combined with liposuction. There are several variations of tummy tuck surgery like regular tummy tuck, mini tummy tuck, extended tummy tuck each designed to target certain areas of the abdomen. During the procedure the incision will be made low at about the same level as your pubic hair for the scar to be hidden under bikini level. For improved tightening of the upper abdomen a small incision around belly button might be necessary. Placement of the belly button is very important for a beautiful belly. Tummy tuck operation is also a surgical choice for patients whom want to get rid of love handles. Our experienced plastic surgeons will explain these options and help you find out best treatment plan to reach satisfactory results.

Brazilian butt lift and tummy tuck.

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. When a patient needs a tummy tuck, also needs liposuction to help with the contour and shape, you will get nice results with both!

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Brazilian butt lift and tummy tuck.

It is always recommended to have a liposuction with transfer to your buttocks first as this guarantees more fat to be transferred than when it is combined with another procedure . As a surgeon is only allowed to take only about 1000cc of fat in a combo procedure instead of 4000cc in a single procedure, 6 months after will be a perfect time to have a tummy tuck.  A Brazilian Butt Lift  is a fat transfer to the buttocks and hips, using liposuction to remove fat from the The common donor sites for this procedure is your posterior waist/flanks, lateral thighs, back, waist, and anterior tummy.  Choose a board certified plastic surgeon who has done a ton of Brazilian Butt Lifts. This says his credentials have been checked out by fellow Drs. All surgeries carry risk, talk to your plastic surgeon and choose one wisely.  Many surgeons, including myself, offer online virtual consultations where you send us your photos and we can estimate the cost.  and given the most accurate quote.

Rami Ghurani, MD

BBL and tummy tuck

It is possible to do both BBL and TT at the same time. Watch this brief video for more information.

William Bruno, MD

Brazilian Butt Lift with tummy tuck

Great question!  Both of these procedures can be performed safely at the same time and is a combination I perform frequently if you are healthy and a good candidate.  This way you only undergo one anesthesia, one surgical, and one recovery period.  Patient tolerate it very well.  If you desire to split it up, then I recommend having the liposuction first, then the tummy tuck.  The reason is after liposuction, many patients could end up with more loose and excess skin.  If you do the tummy tuck first, then do the liposuction you could end up with loose skin again, which would require another tummy tuck tighten.  As far as pricing is concerned, it varies from area to area, so you could call around different offices and inquire about prices, or have an in person consultation.

Best of luck and hope his information helps!

Dr. Roger Tsai

Roger Tsai, MD
Beverly Hills Physician

Thank you for your question. Many people ask if they can combine a tummy tuck with a brazilian butt lift procedure. A BBL takes you less time to recover from than a TT will. So you could get a BBL first then do your TT procedure however you can do both at the same time which means you would only have one recovery. Talk to your board certified plastic surgeon on what they think is best for you.

Hope this helps,

Dr. Newall 

German Newall, MD

Brazilian butt lift and tummy tuck.

It is possible to combine a Brazilian butt lift and a tummy tuck, however, you would need to be in good overall health and realize that the recovery time may be longer and somewhat more difficult.  Discuss the option of combining the two procedures with your surgeon.  They should be able to advise you as to whether a combined procedure is in your best interest, once they have had a chance to examine you.  Best wishes, Dr. Lepore.

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon

Combining both surgeries

The short answer is YES, you can combine all those surgeries. It is common in my practice and patients appreciate just one surgery and one recovery. Discuss risks vs benefits with your surgeon for this approach and explore reasons for recommendations.

Body contouring

For the best results, it is better to have your tummy tuck and BBL at separate times. This is because a BBL will require you to sleep on your sides and/or stomach for several weeks while you heal. A tummy tuck requires that you avoid lying flat or sleeping on your tummy for the first few weeks. This will severely limit your available resting positions if both procedures are done together. You can do either one first depending on your schedule and your preferences. BBLs have a longer recovery time so you may want to do that one last so you can enjoy both surgeries together sooner. Pricing is highly variable depending on your location, the surgeon, the anesthesia type and duration, and the operating room in which the procedure is being done so this is best answered by calling several offices and asking for a range.  Hope this helps!

Johnson C. Lee MD Plastic Surgery

Johnson C. Lee, MD
Beverly Hills Physician

Brazilian Butt Lift/ Fat grafting/Liposuction/ High Definition Procedures/Butt Implants

I appreciate your question.

I would recommend that you stage these procedures for optimal results.

Cost varies by geographic location, surgeon expertise, OR time, anesthesia, length of procedure etc.  I would recommend that you see a board certified plastic surgeon in your area who specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery and who is also a member of The American Society of Plastic Surgery.  You can call their offices in advance and ask for quotes prior to scheduling consultations.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz