Breast augmentation concerns. How will they look? Which size will fit me? (Photo)

Im thinking about having a breast augmentation soon. My concern is that my breasts comes out from the side and they are asymmetrical. I haven't seen any before and afters with this kind of breasts. I want gummy bear implants but I'm concerned about how they will look and which size will fit me.

Breast augmentation concerns. How will they look? Which size will fit me?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Congratulations on your decision to have breast augmentation.  You should be able to achieve a very nice cosmetic result.  The asymmetry can be managed with a lift on the lower side and implants on both sides.  Sizing will depend on you in person examination and a measurement of the base width of your breast.  Generally speaking smaller implants in the 250+ or minus cc range tend to look more natural than larger implants over 350 cc. For more sizing please read below:

Thank you for your question on breast augmentation. You bring up some very good points. My suggestions for you are that first, you research any surgeon that you are considering using and make sure that they are a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Some of us are double Board Certified in General Surgery as well. Also, you should definitely ask to see before and after photos of patients similar to you. A surgeon who performs many breast augmentations will certainly have photos to show you. You should also discuss with your surgeon what is important to you and what you consider to be a "pretty breast". For instance, is cleavage the most important thing? Are you more interested in a "natural looking breast"? Depending on the your examination and what your ultimate cosmetic goals are, gummy bear implants may be right for you or round implants may be right for you. You should be able to try on sizers in your surgeon's office and may be able to see 3D imaging of what your breasts may look like. Good luck!

Samara Churgin, MD, FACS

Implant Size

It is very difficult without photos and without assessing you in person to know what implant size would be appropriate for you. Keep in mind that implant size selection not only depends on your personal preference, but it also depends on your unique measurements. A thorough consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon will allow you to communicate what your desired result is and will inform you as to what is possible to achieve your goals. We have a device called the Vectra 3D imaging system that shows you what you will look like with any implant. Our patients are very happy with the choice of implant they make when using this system. To learn more about how to choose the right size implant, you can read "A Comprehensive Guide to Breast Augmentation."

John Diaz, MD

Breast augmentation concerns. How will they look?

Thank you for the question and pictures. Remember, for the most part, breast augmentation surgery primarily serves to increase breast size.  Although there may be some change in breast shape with the procedure, it will be important that you communicate your specific concerns regarding breast shape/symmetry carefully with your plastic surgeon prior to proceeding. This careful communication of concerns/goals will allow you and your plastic surgeon to come up with the best plan (operation)  to achieve an outcome that you will likely be pleased with.   Furthermore, this careful preoperative communication will ensure that you have realistic expectations of what to expect with any decided upon operation.

Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully. Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 

In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. For example, 

I have found that the use of words such as “natural or fake” or "C or D cup” etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.

Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate. Again, the use of computer imaging has been very helpful during the communication process, in our practice.

3. Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly, allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals. Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery, after the use of temporary intraoperative sizers.

I hope this (and the attached link, dedicated to breast augmentation surgery concerns) helps. Best wishes.