Lump After Hairline Lowering?

Hello I week ago I had plastic surgery I had haurline lowering and I developed on the side of my head a lump wich my surgeon said it would be absorbed by my body.. I want to know if this is normal..?

Lump after forehead lowering

What you are expreiencing is likely the scar around the stitch. That should soften on its own. Make sure to folow up with your plastic surgeon.

After surgery sometimes post op lumps can occur

After a surgical procedure, lumps can develop. These can be collections of blood, collections of fluid or soft tissue irregularities.  The management of these can differ, and it is best to consult with your surgeon.

Robert Mounsey, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Fluid Collection after Scalp Advancement/Hairline Lowering

At this early time after surgery, this lump in the hairline after a scalp advancement is likely a small fluid collection. That should be absorbed and go down in the next month.

Swelling after hairline lowering

If the swelling is within the hair in the temple it may represent the bunching up of tissue that occurs when advancing the scalp forward. This always occurs to some extent unless hair bearing skin is excised and discarded( or used for grafts). This shrinks down by 6 weeks. There are other things like a blood accumulation  or a stitch reaction that could create a swelling 

Sheldon S. Kabaker, MD FACS
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon