Wil you know if you rupture your silicone implant 2 weeks post op?

I am 10 days post op with over the muscle silicone implants and have been engaging in...adult activities with my SO. Nothing out of the ordinary and I am recovering well but he has a tendency to play with my breasts while we...interact. I was wondering if he were to accidentally rupture them would I know? No pain or swelling and they are dropping. Thanks in advance!

Wait for some time

The final appearance, shape, and movement are not exactly the same as normal breasts. The surgically enlarged breasts do not move in the same way as normal breasts. They tend to be firmer. The contours are usually somewhat different than normal breasts. In some patients these discrepancies may be rather noticeable. Although every effort is made to place the implants symmetrically, complete symmetry is rarely achieved. Immediately after surgery, the breasts are swollen and firmer. The final shape and size is approximated after 2 to 3 months, but up to one year may be required for the end result.

Will you know if you rupture your silicone implant 2 weeks post op?

Thank you for your question.  Sometimes, it's hard to tell if your silicone breast implant is ruptured.  There can be silent ruptures, where the implant is ruptured and you can't tell simply by looking in the mirror.  This is why the FDA recommends getting MRIs for silicone implants every couple of years.  Be sure to see your plastic surgeon to go over your concerns.  Good luck.

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS

I would expect discomfort and a change in the feel of the implant if you had suffered a rupture this early after breast augmentation. However it is best that you see your plastic surgeon for an exam.