Uneven eyelids-- does this look like ptosis? (Photo)

I'm an Asian female in her early 20s. I have faint lines on my right eyelid and a clearer line on my left eyelid. Does this look like droopy eyelid (ptosis)? Would you recommend surgery for these, and if so, which one? And does it look like something that would be easy to correct? Thank you for your time!

Uneven eyelids-- does this look like ptosis?

They define the look of the eye and our appearance as well. Eyelids are the first things that reflect when we are tired or sleepy. Therefore the condition of both upper and lower eyelid is important. Blepharoplasty, also known as eyelid surgery can be performed to lower eyelid, upper eyelid or both. Blepharoplasty covers removing the excess skin tissue in the upper eyelid, removing the excess fat tissue and skin tissue in the lower eyelid and repositioning the eyelid line in both areas. The incision can be made via scalpel as well as laser. We perform laser blepharoplasty since it is faster and safer and it yields a faster recovery period. The laser is actually used for the incision for removal of the hooding skin of the upper eyelids. The result is dramatic, evident immediately, and bruising is usually minimal with the laser.

Uneven lid creases occur with regularity

and unless it is truly bothersome, why do anything at this point?  If someone will guarantee they will produce the outcome you want, then go for it but know what the revision policy is in case you don't quite achieve the perfect creases you seek.  An exam would be needed to determine if you truly have ptosis or not but its not very impressive on your photo.

Curtis Wong, MD

Uneven eyelids

It appears there is mild ptosis in the medial (inner) half of your right upper eyelid. This can be improved.

Fred Suess, MD

Undefined eyelid crease

It's unclear from your photo whether you have true ptosis (weakness of muscle that raises eyelid) or just excess skin on your right upper eyelid.  Undefined eyelid crease is very common in Asians and it can be corrected by upper blepharoplasty by creating a crisp double eyelid crease.   I would recommend surgery on both eyelids to create better symmetry.  

Goretti Ho Taghva, MD

Droopy eyelid surgery, see oculoplastics

Your right upper eyelid appears droopy (eyelid ptosis) which can be improved with eyelid ptosis surgery (under local anesthesia). Best to see an oculoplastic specialist for evaluation.

Mehryar (Ray) Taban, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon