Can a tummy tuck and thigh lift surgery be done on the same day?

Combining a tummy tuck and medial thigh lift

can be done but I would fall on the side that is isn't the greatest idea.  Its already hard to ambulate with a tummy tuck and why make it more challenging throwing in a thigh lift at the same time.  This also increases your risks for developing blood clots in your legs and that would not be good for you.  I find it better to do one first and use the second procedure to tweak the results from your first procedure... as I've never seen perfect results in those areas.

Tummy Tuck and Thigh LIft

These two procedures can be performed simultaneously. Go visit a few ABPS certified/ASAPS member surgeons.

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Although, it is physically possible to perform a tummy tuck and thigh lift as the same procedure, it may not be a good idea.  If an inner thigh lift is performed at the same time as a tummy tuck, this will result in compromised lymphatic flow from the pubic area and can result in a significant swelling and tenderness.  Check with your surgeon for their recommendation in your particular case.  Best wishes, Dr. Lepore.

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon

Dear Lil horsepower

Although they can be done at same time , I often recommend outer thigh lift and tummy tuck at same time and inner thigh lift at separate surgery. It depends on extent of needed lift and other patient factors such as age and surgical risk. Look for an experienced surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. See mroe than one consult and make a well inofrmed decison.

Afshin Parhiscar, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Combining cosmetic plastic surgery procedures is not uncommon. Whether you are a reasonable candidate for those procedures depends on your anatomy, your medical history, the extent of the procedures, realistic expectations of the outcome and an understanding of the pros and cons of the various procedures.

Safety should always be the main concern. It is generally recommended that the length of elective surgery be less than six hours. The procedures should be performed in an ambulatory facility that is accredited by one of the national organizations like the American Association for Accreditation of Ambulatory Surgical Facilities (AAAASF) or in a licensed hospital. Many surgeons would recommend an overnight stay at an appropriate facility where you can be appropriately monitored. Most patients prefer undergoing one anesthesia and one recovery period which is usually more cost effective.

Having said all of that, some ethical well trained plastic surgeons would feel that the combination you are asking about is excessive and has significant risks factors if performed in one stage.

Keep in mind that following the advice of any surgeon on this or any other web site who proposes to tell you what to do without: examining you, physically feeling the tissue, assessing your desired outcome, and taking a full medical history, as well as discussing the pros and cons of each operative option would not be in your best interest. I would suggest you find a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon certified by The American Board of
Plastic Surgery who is ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) that you trust and are comfortable with, and discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person. That way, you can have a better idea what is safe and makes the most sense for you.

Before proceeding with a combination of these procedures, you should have medical clearance from your primary care physician and a discussion between him or her and your plastic surgeon.

Robert Singer, MD FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Mommy Makeover - Tummy Tuck and Thigh Lift?

Thank you for your question. Mommy Makeover surgery commonly includes a Tummy Tuck and Thigh Lift. Please see a board certified plastic surgeon for an in-person examination to discuss the specific details of the procedures. Ask to see before and after photos to get an idea of what can be achieved. Hope this helps.